Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So what use are the "old folks" when TSHTF?
5 June 2013, 21:51,
RE: So what use are the "old folks" when TSHTF?
wow you lot are far to scary for me,if some one threatens me I will not bend over make the old into food was a joke ,so lots of people don't like the UK so what get over it
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
5 June 2013, 22:02,
(5 June 2013, 21:45)Talon Wrote: I've got no problems with a heated discussion BM Wink in fact i welcome it as it shows that we're passionate about what we're doing.I'll argue when i think i'm right and acknowledge when I've been proved wrong.
This hasn't been the case in this thread.it's just a lot of childish schoolroom bullshit (not by you i might add,or most contributors) that does nothing but add credence to why the Uk is despised by pretty much the rest of the world.I'm nearly 40.I've come here to learn how to survive when tshsf,and hopefully to have a laugh as well. I'm not interested by internet bravado from a poster who post's puerile crap from the safety and security of a keyboard.I'm not an American lover ,nor am i anti American.As far as i'm concerned we're cousins interested in the same thing. Passions fine,heated argument is fine,this type of bollocks to me isn't. Honestly i'm a nice guy,but if i want an upfront argument i'll do it in a pub with a pint glass on standby.Hate from posters who submit rant's from a secure safe keyboard with no worry of recourse sicken me.

Heck Talon, half of my family came over to the colonies from England in 1620. The other half arrived in the 1850's. Looking at what they did and what they built, I'd be a damn fool to despise the UK, as would any other American. The problem is, most people (here anyway) don't know or care about history, of the country or of their family. I'm always reminded of my very imposing grandmother looking down at three year old me through her steel-rimmed school-teacher glasses when I hadn't behaved and firmly telling me "Jonas! Remember who you are!". Sixty-six years later, I can still hear that!
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
5 June 2013, 22:05,
(5 June 2013, 22:02)Jonas Wrote: "Jonas! Remember who you are!". Sixty-six years later, I can still hear that!

Yup remember your place you are inferior to Okies and Redlegs Smile Smile
( I got made an honoury Red Leg at an RV in CO so I can say that Smile )

5 June 2013, 22:17, (This post was last modified: 5 June 2013, 22:19 by BeardyMan.)
Old people are akin to the fountain of knowledge. I Dont envisage such a wealthy resource of information, let alone a vulnerable ad it's highly likelyult, bring discarded or disregarded. That would be counteractive to ones survival.

That doesn't take into account the average intelligence of 99% of the population though, so the outlook for the elderly, on the whole, is pretty grim.

(5 June 2013, 22:17)BeardyMan Wrote: Old people are akin to the fountain of knowledge. I Dont envisage such a wealthy resource of information, let alone a vulnerable ad it's highly likelyult, bring discarded or disregarded. That would be counteractive to ones survival.

That doesn't take into account the average intelligence of 99% of the population though, so the outlook for the elderly, on the whole, is pretty grim.

That should read "a vulnerable adult, being"
I'm using the worlds worst phone to post
5 June 2013, 22:29,
Zombie bait or zombie food
5 June 2013, 22:33,
(5 June 2013, 22:29)Millwall_Dave Wrote: Zombie bait or zombie food

Hey Dave I'll have you know us oldies only need to be a bit faster than someone else !!! Smile Besides I've met quite a few of the older guys on this forum and many of em look like they died years ago anyway so the zombies may ignore us and go for you young uns Smile

5 June 2013, 22:37,
(5 June 2013, 22:29)Millwall_Dave Wrote: Zombie bait

Fishing for zombies? Smile
6 June 2013, 09:13,
don't ignore the oldies just yet, I have a friend who is 80 odd years old, cant hardly walk but he's an old retired farm worker and he is a font of information and his knowledge will be invaluable POST SHTF.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 June 2013, 15:49,

Remember, old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! Big Grin
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
6 June 2013, 15:59,
(6 June 2013, 15:49)Jonas Wrote:

Remember, old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! Big Grin

so me saying make them in to food is so bad but others make comments and its all happy happy Jonas full of s?@t the lot of you
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!