Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Aid Course Experience
14 June 2013, 21:12,
RE: First Aid Course Experience
(11 June 2013, 17:36)River Song Wrote: Both Quick Clot and Celox come as granules and as impregnated bandage bads/strips. The granules are a pain in the a... but in a battlefield situation they can be poured in the wound. The pads are easier to operate. Quick Clot and Celox both have different chemical properties. IMHO Celox is better - nit cheap but one or two in your kit are useful

River, if you've been in a position to use Celox - what on earth were you doing on a basic 1st aid course? (Hope that's not too intrusive - you just sound as though you know more than that...)

14 June 2013, 22:14,
I have always carried Celox
A major part of survival is invisibility.
15 June 2013, 13:02,
(14 June 2013, 21:12)Grumpy Grandpa Wrote: River, if you've been in a position to use Celox - what on earth were you doing on a basic 1st aid course? (Hope that's not too intrusive - you just sound as though you know more than that...)

I've never used Celox. I was wondering what skills I can bring to a post SHTF situation and I went for medical. I've never used Celox but did a lot of research on the best thing for my kit and the first bit of the training was the 3 day St Johns.

I am going to try and get some other advanced courses in.
15 June 2013, 13:22,
Sorry! Grabbed wrong end of stick! (Slaps own head violently!) Big Grin

18 June 2013, 19:06,
(15 June 2013, 13:02)River Song Wrote: I've never used Celox. I was wondering what skills I can bring to a post SHTF situation and I went for medical. I've never used Celox but did a lot of research on the best thing for my kit and the first bit of the training was the 3 day St Johns.

I am going to try and get some other advanced courses in.

River Song, see if there's an EMT course going at a local college. Where you'll learn most of your medicine is in a clinical setting, so maybe a local ER needs a volunteer. Also, download Ethicon's book on wound closure (it's free) and practice, practice, practice.
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!