Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lets try this again...you wake up...
11 June 2013, 15:09,
RE: lets try this again...you wake up...
Sounds like a bad weekend to end up in that situation! Or an absolutely awesome one!!!

Trees = shelter/shelter-materials. Considering it's not your island, and you're going to be rescued, I'd be cautious of causing criminal damage by cutting down trees. Last thing you want is to be rescued one day and arrested on the way home. Stupid endangered trees!!!

As SD says. But for me, I go, shelter first, then fire. Probably would be helpful to get off the beach too. Maybe find a high point and look around, to see what's available. Settle down for a nights sleep, using a long log fire for warmth during the night...provinding there is sufficient dry wood available, and it's not raining....we all know what Scotland is like for that (assuming we are still in Scotland).

Before bed, I'd scout about and check for the boat too. No point going too far from the shore, as that's where I'll be rescued from.

Would then use embers from the fire to burn a small wooden bowl, and a cup, just before sleeping. After that, I'd probably be settling down for the night...remembering to set a line of rocks in an arrow shape, to show where the sun set. That'll give me a West bearing.

Day 2, wake up and get my East bearing. Then use that as a quick guide compass. Followed shortly by a rock smashing together to make arrow heads, session. Shortly met with an arrow making session. These arrows will be for food, like fish, etc.

Don't forget to mark up a big 3 circles in a visible area as a sign to be rescued.

After that, build better shelter, cook food, source water, and practice the skills I already know, while practicing new skills I want to improve on.

Day 2, check where the sun rises.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin

Messages In This Thread
RE: lets try this again...you wake up... - by Scythe13 - 11 June 2013, 15:09