Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post TU Comms / Groups and Villages
14 June 2013, 22:06,
RE: Post TU Comms / Groups and Villages
I see things the same as BP and agree with his view 100% , my grandparents lived on a small holding about 2 - 3 miles from this keyboard , no electricity, no mains water and no mains sewer . I remember the valve set radio powered by ( accumulators) or batteries as most on here would call them, my weekly chore was to walk the 2 miles every Saturday to collect the charged up 2 and hand in the other 2 for charging , that was the luxury for gran, ....and us boys (DICK BARTON SPECIAL AGENT ) the light was supplied via 2 oil lamps " THE BEST ONE and the day to day one , and loads of candles on the dresser, with the battery torch with the blue EVERREADY batteries cause gran was progressive and practical especially walking to the outside loo. I know I will manage no power and adapt to not having it , to be honest there will be a lot more to worry about than just power we can contemplate that lot on dark winter nights ( HOW TO FEED YOUR GROUP )

Messages In This Thread
RE: Post TU Comms / Groups and Villages - by Straight Shooter - 14 June 2013, 22:06