Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you do when your OH is not "onboard"?
12 June 2013, 11:09,
RE: What do you do when your OH is not "onboard"?
(12 June 2013, 10:55)BeardyMan Wrote:
(12 June 2013, 10:49)TheFalcon Wrote:
(12 June 2013, 10:42)BeardyMan Wrote:
(12 June 2013, 10:32)TheFalcon Wrote: The thing is ive been single since the beginning of the year and am looking for a future mrs falcon,The problem im facing is explaining the whole prepping thing without them thinking im a complete madman,The tactic ive been using is not to mention it and slowly say little things but most women in london are idiot sheeple,Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated

Get yourself on Doomsday Preppers, tell 'em you're single and looking for love. Big Grin

I aint that desperate Big Grin

I hear that!

I'm lucky, my wife knew I was a wrong 'un long before we got together. She's well an truly on board with prepping too, she often sends links to me of prepping related or self sufficiency items or articles Big Grin

Cracking set of norks too, which helps Tongue Big Grin

Sounds like a winner brother Big Grin
Todays mighty oak is just yesterdays nut that held its ground
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king
12 June 2013, 11:29,
no problems here either

the type of TV we watched helped and it was easy to convince the OH just be discussing the options and the what if's
12 June 2013, 11:35,
My missus game me no choice when our son was born, " I'm not effing living in a town or effing city to raise my son in was the first thing she said" followed not long before " no grotty inner city schools for him" "I'm going shopping at Bolams not Tesco from now on" etc she was an easy convert Smile

12 June 2013, 11:48,
(12 June 2013, 10:32)TheFalcon Wrote: The thing is ive been single since the beginning of the year and am looking for a future mrs falcon,The problem im facing is explaining the whole prepping thing without them thinking im a complete madman,The tactic ive been using is not to mention it and slowly say little things but most women in london are idiot sheeple,Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated

Looks like we are a dating site.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
12 June 2013, 11:57,
(12 June 2013, 10:32)TheFalcon Wrote: most women in london are idiot sheeple

Didn't read that bit. I think that's your problem then chap, your "target audience".

Go out to the country and get yourself a farm girl. One that's milked cows Cool
12 June 2013, 12:27,
(12 June 2013, 11:57)BeardyMan Wrote: Go out to the country and get yourself a farm girl. One that's milked cows Cool

OY! you leave my missus alone!Big GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 June 2013, 09:55,
Mary, this has worked a HUGE TREAT, but it's not great!

We had a potential break in last night, dogs scared them off, and we found a load of cable ties on the floor outside the gate. The wife is now a huge fan of getting plenty more preps in place!!!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
13 June 2013, 15:03,
I too know the feeling with my other half accepting my 'quirks' but not being into prepping!

Having said that the slowly slowly catchee monkey approach is working as she has finally agreed with getting a weeks worth of food and water and some camping kit (cooker, heater, sleeping bags etc) in case of heavy snow in the winter or in case we have a power outage ...... just working on her to let me have a generator and build up the rest from there!
14 June 2013, 11:50,
(13 June 2013, 15:03)Arnie72 Wrote: I too know the feeling with my other half accepting my 'quirks' but not being into prepping!

Having said that the slowly slowly catchee monkey approach is working as she has finally agreed with getting a weeks worth of food and water and some camping kit (cooker, heater, sleeping bags etc) in case of heavy snow in the winter or in case we have a power outage ...... just working on her to let me have a generator and build up the rest from there!

Power Outage....you NEED a generator to keep the fridge going, and the radio incase of news updates! Doesn't she realise this...yet ;-)

You can get some really nice 'suitcase' generators for a little over £100. They won't be super powerful, but they're a good starting point, and much better than having no generator at all.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
14 June 2013, 13:09,
Fridges take little power once they are at operating temprature.

Put one in the garage, shield it from the sun, make sure it is insulated. Get it down to operating temrature and plug it into a solar panel.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin