Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back to Basics a SUGGESTED Get Home Bag
14 June 2013, 13:09,
RE: Back to Basics a SUGGESTED Get Home Bag
Running is about the last thing anyone should be doing as a prepper when TSHTF unless your trying to outpace a Grizzly bear or Tsunami.

14 June 2013, 13:11,
how true! running will just get you into trouble a lot faster.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
14 June 2013, 13:44,
(14 June 2013, 11:35)Scythe13 Wrote: A pair of Vibram 5 Finger Shoes

I remember a time when I could... (more wistful sighs! Smile)

What about these five-fingered shoes though. I haven't come across these before (told you I'd been hibernating!). Are they supposed to give some sort of advantage, other than making your toes individually colder? Is it a grip thing?

14 June 2013, 13:48,
(14 June 2013, 13:44)Grumpy Grandpa Wrote:
(14 June 2013, 11:35)Scythe13 Wrote: A pair of Vibram 5 Finger Shoes
What about these five-fingered shoes though. I haven't come across these before (told you I'd been hibernating!). Are they supposed to give some sort of advantage, other than making your toes individually colder? Is it a grip thing?

It's grip, ease of wearing, more natural running style, less impact and damage on your joints, better feel of the ground, so less sprained ankles and the alike. Oh, and they're super light, and last for 4 times the mileage of normal trainers!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
14 June 2013, 19:41,
Well I will not be running, if you set yourself up for walking and get a good rhythm going you are able to do two things, cover ground at a reasonable pace, maintaining that pace easier,... and you can also become far more alert, you are moving quieter, able to listen and look around better,.. you are safer and more aware of your suroundings

If you are running, you cant keep it up, you cant be alert because you cant use your ears.... you have to start walking at some point so that upsets your rhythm, and you get tired quicker,... a runner [ as in a sportsman ] has no worries other than his running,... we should be able to cover ground in a safe way, avoiding any sort of problems that might hinder us, I dont believe that moving at such a speed would be the best idea
A major part of survival is invisibility.
14 June 2013, 20:13,
I will be walking, pausing, listening, looking, walking, pausing, listening, looking etc not galloping around making loads of noise.

15 June 2013, 08:48,
remember, you will be travelling at the pace of the SLOWEST member of your group, even if YOU can walk at 5MPH they probably cant!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 June 2013, 19:14, (This post was last modified: 15 June 2013, 19:39 by Rush2112.)
[quote='Mortblanc' pid='61314' dateline='1371176222']
I like that "if in Kansas" insert!

Thing is, if you are in a situation where a firearm is needed you will probably need more than a .22lr. That is especially true in Kansas where the rabbits can see you coming a mile away.

I personally take the other route and carry a 12ga when traveling. Good for either defense or small game. I am in the eastern woodlands where the only long shots are along the right of way for the motorway.

i've killed may rabbits, birds, ground hogs, racoon, etc with my .22 lr w/scope. longer range than a 12ga, rounds much smaller and quieter. .22lr round in the head just as deadly as any caliber

in the field my preference would be a rifle vs a scatter gun. home defense, i'll take the scatter gun
15 June 2013, 21:44,
What is UTMB?

Can someone provide a link to their GHB?

Ta
15 June 2013, 21:48,
(15 June 2013, 21:44)River Song Wrote: Can someone provide a link to their GHB?

Ta

First post in this thread ??? !