Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
fight or negotiation
14 June 2013, 15:00,
RE: fight or negotiation
(14 June 2013, 14:55)Sunna Wrote: who do you trust now con / lab , you make the best of it now. do they do what you want , i know bye your other posts your not a happy bunny with our gov .
but you sleep safely in your bed after a nice meal .

whats the govt got to do with it? we're talking about other survivors post shtf! the govt will be in their bunker under parliament not walking the streets.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
14 June 2013, 15:03,
if you join up with other survivors you might not be the boss , so you make the best of it , just like you do now
Survive the jive (youtube )
14 June 2013, 15:06, (This post was last modified: 14 June 2013, 15:07 by bigpaul.)
(14 June 2013, 15:03)Sunna Wrote: if you join up with other survivors you might not be the boss , so you make the best of it , just like you do now

i'm NOT joining up with anyone I don't trust, its as simple as that.

i'd rather be alone than get a knife in my back in the middle of the night!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
14 June 2013, 15:10,
trust issues, i understand Tongue
Survive the jive (youtube )
14 June 2013, 15:12,
(14 June 2013, 15:10)Sunna Wrote: trust issues, i understand Tongue

finally!!Big GrinBig Grin
14 June 2013, 15:42, (This post was last modified: 14 June 2013, 15:44 by Mortblanc.)
(14 June 2013, 14:29)bigpaul Wrote: The American way ever since the Wild West has been to shoot first and ask questions later!

Ask anyone that has lived through combat if that does not work out better than the "wait and see if they are really here to kill us." approach.

Always easier to ask forgiveness than get permission, especially from the grave.

We also have a saying that goes; "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6."

It is always amazing to me that folks think looters post SHTF are simply going to take your goods and walk away leaving you untouched.

They are going to take willingness to negotiate as weakness, they are going to take your stuff, then they are going to kill you.

There are exceptions but those exceptions involve negotiation from a position of power from behind secure walls with covering fire available.
14 June 2013, 16:09,
(14 June 2013, 13:30)Sunna Wrote: their seems lots on this site that say ,ill fight to protect my home kids food ect.
but when push comes to shove would you ??
its not as if you can pop to casualty anymore ,cuts broken bones could kill after s h t f .
i beleve most will negotiate their way out of things , you will have to , if your bugged in one good petrol bomb and your bugging out maybe losing the lot
i think if you fight everybody sooner or later your lose or get badly hurt and at what cost to you and yours ???

As for the BI/BO choice, I don't have one. I'm not going to get far in my chair, so I can't let outsiders win.

Will I negotiate? I doubt it. It'll be seen as a sign of weakness.

Will I kill to defend me and mine? That's a harder question to answer. For me, a lot will depend on the gravity of the 'event'. If it's likely to be over in a couple of months, maybe taking a life isn't worth it. In that case, my response would depend on what they did but if their actions warranted it, then yes, I would kill and be prepared to take the consequences when ROL returns. (I'm an old git anyway.)

If the 'event' is a doozie then what we have, we need to survive and nobody's getting it.

Either way, I wouldn't take it lightly. Taking anyone's life is as serious as it can get and the act and the responsibility will always stay with you.

14 June 2013, 17:28,
(14 June 2013, 15:42)Mortblanc Wrote: Ask anyone that has lived through combat if that does not work out better than the "wait and see if they are really here to kill us." approach.

Always easier to ask forgiveness than get permission, especially from the grave.

trouble with that philosophy is that it includes "blue on blue".
14 June 2013, 17:41,
ANYBODY comes to take whats mine and it'll be the last thing they do.
IF you let them live, what if they go away and come back with greater numbers and or weapons better than yours...

Theres time now for thought and consideration... maybe...
but after...NO WAY, I'm with mb all the way...
I tried to be normal once.... Worst two minutes of my life...
14 June 2013, 17:45, (This post was last modified: 14 June 2013, 17:46 by bigpaul.)
(14 June 2013, 17:41)Prepper1 Wrote: ANYBODY comes to take whats mine and it'll be the last thing they do.
IF you let them live, what if they go away and come back with greater numbers and or weapons better than yours...

I agree with that IF we were in our home/retreat/BOL, but what if you just meet on the trail somewhere? if they back off and go away you can leave...make sure your not followed...nobody has been harmed.

I will only fight if its forced on me, but if it is I will take LETHAL measures.