Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
fight or negotiation
14 June 2013, 17:58,
RE: fight or negotiation
This is a very tactical question,... I would hope that the aggressor is seen as he approaches, if that is the case then you have a chance to become invisible, he may, or may not continue to move past,..any movement will draw him to you, you watch him close from a distance

If your stores are well hidden he will not likely find much and he is likely to leave, especially if he is hungry,.... this is how it happens in a perfect world, and the way I would hope to play it out if possible

If I was taken by surprise then survival is still the main aim, if I had the chance I would back down, there was a time when I would have tackled anyone,.. I am sensible enough to know that its no longer the case,... but I would back down knowing that my stores are still hidden, most yobs would not stick around long

If we were attacked, then we would be very ready, and we wouldn't hesitate to drive a knife into him, and fight as dirty as we could
A major part of survival is invisibility.
14 June 2013, 18:04,
(14 June 2013, 17:58)Highlander Wrote: If your stores are well hidden he will not likely find much and he is likely to leave, especially if he is hungry,.... this is how it happens in a perfect world, and the way I would hope to play it out if possible

very "rose tinted" glasses..trouble is its not a perfect world, it will be kill or be killed, I am under no illusions what a post shtf world will be like and I will act accordingly, anyone else would be advised to do the same.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 June 2013, 08:23,
If I can I will talk my self out of confrontation/walk away. Last fight I had im the one whos worse off as I have a broken hand. This would have been a disastor post shtf, no xrays no doctors ect.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have" Thomas Jefferson
15 June 2013, 09:38,
(14 June 2013, 18:04)bigpaul Wrote:
(14 June 2013, 17:58)Highlander Wrote: If your stores are well hidden he will not likely find much and he is likely to leave, especially if he is hungry,.... this is how it happens in a perfect world, and the way I would hope to play it out if possible

very "rose tinted" glasses..trouble is its not a perfect world, it will be kill or be killed, I am under no illusions what a post shtf world will be like and I will act accordingly, anyone else would be advised to do the same.

I agree, it was said with rose tinted glasses, but unless the person who is at your door is a hardened killer, the normal kind of person is not going to kill for the sake of it,.. its ok saying kill or be killed, ..and that will always be an option, but do you REALLY know what it takes to kill,... most people wouldn't go that far,..especially if you appear to have nothing of value
A major part of survival is invisibility.
15 June 2013, 09:56,
(15 June 2013, 09:38)Highlander Wrote: I agree, it was said with rose tinted glasses, but unless the person who is at your door is a hardened killer, the normal kind of person is not going to kill for the sake of it,.. its ok saying kill or be killed, ..and that will always be an option, but do you REALLY know what it takes to kill,... most people wouldn't go that far,..especially if you appear to have nothing of value
oh dear, someone who thinks like that isn't going to last long post shtf, a starving person IS going to kill for every scrap they can get..they'll be well past negotiating about it!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 June 2013, 10:08,
This is a really difficult thread. Imagine that your neighbour is near death from thirst and you give him some of your precious water to keep him alive, two days later he will be back for more, possibly with some other thirsty people he talked to. They all want some water now, and given the chance will leave you with none, negotiation will not help.

On the other hand, you can teach your neighbour to make a solar still to collect his own water. But, because he survives he might be competing with you for other resources, like the greenery to put into the solar still or the polythene to make a bigger still.

It's possible that you will still have conflict with him in future.

The hard hearted but safest solution is to repel him whilst he is weak and let him perish.
15 June 2013, 10:09,
I dunno where you get your sources BP,

Africa shouldve sorted itself out by now if that were the case, if, by your logic someone who is starving is gonna kill on sight for a cup of rice? there would instantly be millions of murders in africa TODAY.

i think the minority might kill on sight, but mob law would eventually sort them out.

Me? if someone comes knocking should the time come, i'll be answering it with my crossbow shouldered and the safety off........ you've gotta have the upper hand right from the outset, whether its the kray twins at the door or ghandi, you don't know them, take no chances.
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
15 June 2013, 10:18,
(15 June 2013, 10:09)Binnie Wrote: I dunno where you get your sources BP,

Africa shouldve sorted itself out by now if that were the case, if, by your logic someone who is starving is gonna kill on sight for a cup of rice? there would instantly be millions of murders in africa TODAY.

i think the minority might kill on sight, but mob law would eventually sort them out.
yes,but at the moment, to all intents and purposes,there is rule of law, POST SHTF there will be NO rule of law...or as we say WROL! you will have to be your own police force, there will be no emergency services, no 999, you make your own decisions and take your own chances, I know what i'll be doing!
15 June 2013, 10:25,
in many african countries ts has already htf BP, yet no reports of millions of murders for the ever elusive cup of rice??

its actually happening dude, its not theory, we can see how people will react already
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
15 June 2013, 10:36, (This post was last modified: 15 June 2013, 10:41 by bigpaul.)
(15 June 2013, 10:25)Binnie Wrote: in many african countries ts has already htf BP, yet no reports of millions of murders for the ever elusive cup of rice??

rubbish, there are reports of villages being attacked and entire populations being beheaded, don't believe everything you see on the BBC or SKY.

whats more, Africans don't have much food for anyone to steal...period, most of them end up walking hundreds of miles to a "refugee" camp where they die by the thousands. western nations are different, we DO have the food.

in any case, I don't live in Africa, I live in the UK and we were talking about what will happen here POST SHTF, not some 3rd world country.