Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caffeine Pills
17 June 2013, 12:29,
RE: Caffeine Pills
(17 June 2013, 11:56)Tartar Horde Wrote:
(16 June 2013, 16:18)Jonas Wrote: Probably something to avoid if possible. A few cups of coffee or tea (tea has a higher caffeine content than coffee) will be just as effective, plus you know what's in what you make but have no way of knowing what's in OTC caffeine pills.
I've heard that before Jonas regarding the Caffeine content of Tea. Being English I do like a good cuppa, but there is nothing like a good mug of real Coffee in a morning to get you going, a cup of Tea doesn't seem to do this as well as Coffee which is surprising given that Tea has more Caffeine. On a hot day (obviously not in England lol) Tea does cool you down more than Coffee.
You could get them teabags or make your own out in the wild(I'd rather just take them) and stuff them with the stuff you find in the forest for tea, obviously won't be the same but you could find a tea you like Tongue
Winning is not enough
17 June 2013, 13:26, (This post was last modified: 17 June 2013, 13:30 by Scythe13.)
(17 June 2013, 11:56)Tartar Horde Wrote: Tea has more Caffeine.

Myth. This is one of those stories that has been circulated, but is not true. Think of it as an urban legend. Nice to hear, but based in fiction.

100g of coffee = 40mg of caffeine
100g of tea = 20mg of caffeine
1 ProPlus = 50mg of caffeine
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
17 June 2013, 13:34, (This post was last modified: 17 June 2013, 13:36 by bigpaul.)
your stocks of tea and coffee wont last long post shtf, and what about milk? unless you've got a "house cow" or a sheep or a goat that has recently given birth you wont have any of that either.Big Grin

there is a lot of stuff you will have to go without post shtf and tea and coffee is just the start of it.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
17 June 2013, 13:46,
Unless you grow your own tea tree or coffee plant thing.

5 points for loving black coffee!!! No milk = better coffee!!!
17 June 2013, 13:48,
(17 June 2013, 13:46)Scythe13 Wrote: Unless you grow your own tea tree or coffee plant thing.

why do you think tea and coffee is imported from abroad? cos it wont grow here!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
17 June 2013, 14:01,
(17 June 2013, 13:48)bigpaul Wrote:
(17 June 2013, 13:46)Scythe13 Wrote: Unless you grow your own tea tree or coffee plant thing.

why do you think tea and coffee is imported from abroad? cos it wont grow here!

Or maybe because it's just better economics to import it than it is to produce it here. Why do you think Texas imports their oil? I'll give you a clue, it's not because their oil fields are baron. ;-)
17 June 2013, 14:03,
you need the heat to grow it, that's why tea comes from India and coffee comes from Brazil, same with cotton and tobacco.
17 June 2013, 14:05,
(17 June 2013, 14:03)bigpaul Wrote: you need the heat to grow it, that's why tea comes from India and coffee comes from Brazil, same with cotton and tobacco.

I grew LOADS of tobacco in my room at uni. I promise it was tobacco, not anything else!!!

Interesting what you can do with a little humidity in your room Wink

Recreating conditions means you can grow what you want. Think Eden Project, Kew Gardens, Greenhouses, Butterfly Farms, and then open your imagination and creativity on how you can do similar. Surprisingly easy if you think it out.
17 June 2013, 14:08,
(17 June 2013, 14:05)Scythe13 Wrote:
(17 June 2013, 14:03)bigpaul Wrote: you need the heat to grow it, that's why tea comes from India and coffee comes from Brazil, same with cotton and tobacco.

I grew LOADS of tobacco in my room at uni. I promise it was tobacco, not anything else!!!

Interesting what you can do with a little humidity in your room Wink

Recreating conditions means you can grow what you want. Think Eden Project, Kew Gardens, Greenhouses, Butterfly Farms, and then open your imagination and creativity on how you can do similar. Surprisingly easy if you think it out.
yeah, inside with humidity, I was think more of open ground sites.
17 June 2013, 15:01,
I doubt whether the effort to grow tea/coffee would be worthwhile for what it brings to the 'storeroom'. I'd guess we'll be on pine needle tea (or similar) in no time flat... Smile