Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TEMPTATION
17 June 2013, 22:38,
RE: TEMPTATION
I'd take them for barter. Don't like them myself.

Drugs themselves don't cause problems for others, just those that take them, so that is up to them. It's the enforcement of prohobition that causes the issues.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
18 June 2013, 01:00,
(17 June 2013, 22:32)Straight Shooter Wrote: Yes they have sunna but we are talking of after the shtf a bit different don't you think ?

theirs been shtf for 1000s of years to, just a few from google
the plague of athens a devastating epidemic in athens greece 430 bc

the black death 14 century

great plague of london a massive outbreak that killed 20% of londons population in 1665 to 1666.

ww1 ww2 nagasaki

the great depression[ usa ]

anyone of these might make a guy fancy a pint or ten
Survive the jive (youtube )
18 June 2013, 01:07,
(17 June 2013, 21:52)Sunna Wrote: people have taken/sold grown, brewed drink and drugs for 1000s of years its never going to change anytime soon .

Yes they have Sunna. It's not hard to imagine that beer will be produced again, soon after an 'event' - small beer (about 1% alc) and saving on the Berkefeld filters! Smile

18 June 2013, 02:07,
I'd take as much of everything as I could.

Drugs (legal or illegal) can be used for medical uses, I personally would not use them recreational but as a barter item they could prove usefull.

Now booze I would partake in providing I was with people I could trust but even then I don't think I could allow myself to get blotto. However alcohol also has medical uses (sterilizing), can be used offensively (Molotov' s) and is a great barter item (people will always want to get smashed).

For what it's worth I would also stock up on whatever tobacco products I could for barter and I also read that nicotine has other uses Wink
Winter is coming
18 June 2013, 11:46,
The reason I wouldn't take the drugs stored is that it is well documented that the drugs the police seize are destroyed other than ones that are kept as evidence, usually as it has been mixed with something nasty which has caused a fatality or requiring immediate medical intervention or would have been fatal, although I agree it would be good for medicinal reasons if necessary IF I could guarantee its composition.
18 June 2013, 13:47,
Arnie,

Sounds good in theory but after an event who will guarantee the composition of anything?
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
18 June 2013, 14:11,
especially illegal drugs, you aren't gonna know what in it, better to leave it alone.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
18 June 2013, 15:42,
Exactly my point BP Smile
18 June 2013, 16:31,
ah good point, i hadnt thought of that Big Grin

however it does then raise the possibility of contaminated barter items to get what the other person dosent want you to have Big Grin
Winter is coming
18 June 2013, 16:33,
anything you get, unless you get it off a shop shelf COULD be tainted with something nasty..even something in an abandoned house.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.