Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
does your "Bullshit Detector" work ?
24 June 2013, 20:00, (This post was last modified: 24 June 2013, 20:11 by Straight Shooter.)
RE: does your "Bullshit Detector" work ?
I HAVE IT !......BULLSHIT DEFLECTORS , just made some out of some old ear protectors inserted card disc with the words bullshit deflectors typed in big black letters that face the person giving said bullshit .....you could just nonchalantly just slip these on in the course of conversation, my next device is eyeshit deflectors ....out of some old foster grants .....can't get them dark enough yet .....but I will

F..k me ......sids surplus just placed order for 10,000 of each..............he said price is not important ....but delivery is top priority wants them by Friday and sole rights for internet .....of course I said YES

Bloody hell ROADWARRIOR just PM,d me ....Begging for urgent bike courier be sent NOW as he cannot wait 24 hours said he would pay anything......this time next year I will be a millionaire....I am on to sumut here.
24 June 2013, 23:29, (This post was last modified: 24 June 2013, 23:31 by Scythe13.)
(24 June 2013, 20:00)Straight Shooter Wrote: I HAVE IT !......BULLSHIT DEFLECTORS , just made some out of some old ear protectors inserted card disc with the words bullshit deflectors typed in big black letters that face the person giving said bullshit .....you could just nonchalantly just slip these on in the course of conversation, my next device is eyeshit deflectors ....out of some old foster grants .....can't get them dark enough yet .....but I will

F..k me ......sids surplus just placed order for 10,000 of each..............he said price is not important ....but delivery is top priority wants them by Friday and sole rights for internet .....of course I said YES

Bloody hell ROADWARRIOR just PM,d me ....Begging for urgent bike courier be sent NOW as he cannot wait 24 hours said he would pay anything......this time next year I will be a millionaire....I am on to sumut here.

Stop being a silly goose. Right, you're on my ignore list now pal. Haha

Don't buy SS's deflectors. They do not work properly. Some people are even complaining that they can't even hear their own voice!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
24 June 2013, 23:42,
Just back from the mountains with my apache attack helicopter, reading this thread gas made me hungry and what flavour monster munch do I need to photoshop on to thevhelicopter?
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have" Thomas Jefferson
24 June 2013, 23:47,
(24 June 2013, 23:42)Metroyeti Wrote: Just back from the mountains with my apache attack helicopter, reading this thread gas made me hungry and what flavour monster munch do I need to photoshop on to thevhelicopter?

You need to tattoo the monster-munch to your face. What kind? Every flavour!!! Haha

I get where you're coming from, but most monster munch pics will stand out a mile!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
28 June 2013, 08:52,
I'm never sure if I should be called a prepper? Being sensible, living frugally and growing what I can in my veg patch.

Oh, yes the wind generator powers my workshop and if needed could supply basic lighting for the house, water? Well, my three rain barrels collect enough, living in the highlands there’s no shortage of rain!
Use a air rifle for rabbits, lovely as a casserole with wild mushrooms. Heat the house with a wood burning stove, never pay wood, collect enough dead stuff to keep the stove going, I drive a van all over the highlands for work, always know where to stop for dinner.

Last thing, we do have a large and I mean large store cupboard, my Grannie would call it a larder, and it's well stocked with pulses, rice and tinned goods.

So am I a prepper or just living the carefully? I'm happy enough as is.
28 June 2013, 11:33,
I'd say you were but there is a fine line between being prepared for everyday living and being self sufficient and some of our prepping regarding medical issues, for example.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
28 June 2013, 11:50,
(28 June 2013, 08:52)Mongrel Wrote: I'm never sure if I should be called a prepper? Being sensible, living frugally and growing what I can in my veg patch.

Oh, yes the wind generator powers my workshop and if needed could supply basic lighting for the house, water? Well, my three rain barrels collect enough, living in the highlands there’s no shortage of rain!
Use a air rifle for rabbits, lovely as a casserole with wild mushrooms. Heat the house with a wood burning stove, never pay wood, collect enough dead stuff to keep the stove going, I drive a van all over the highlands for work, always know where to stop for dinner.

Last thing, we do have a large and I mean large store cupboard, my Grannie would call it a larder, and it's well stocked with pulses, rice and tinned goods.

You are certainly a `prepper`, sometime we lose site of a words meaning, many people see the word Prepper and think nutter, and yet being a prepper is simply a person who is prepared, and you are making sure you are that

Not everyone preps for the end of the world, many simply prep for transport strikes and the resulting food shortage, or simply a job lose or retirement

You seem to have a solid base already,..I would be interested in the type of wind generator you have there,.. where in the Highlands are you [ roughly ]
A major part of survival is invisibility.
28 June 2013, 12:34,
Prepper is just a loosly coined term used to cluster various types of people under a single heading, its got no real value cept for idiotic journalists to use to spin a pack of lies.

Prepper, Survivalist, Down Sizer, Off Gridder, Green Liver, Small Holder, Homesteader, Backwoodsman, Eco Warrior, Tribalist, Market gardener, Allotment holder, hell most of us fit under many headings. EG Mongrel, Crossbreed, Hybrid, Hienz 57, !!! Smile

29 June 2013, 07:39,
(28 June 2013, 11:50)Highlander Wrote:
(28 June 2013, 08:52)Mongrel Wrote: I'm never sure if I should be called a prepper? Being sensible, living frugally and growing what I can in my veg patch.

You are certainly a `prepper`, sometime we lose site of a words meaning, many people see the word Prepper and think nutter, and yet being a prepper is simply a person who is prepared, and you are making sure you are that

Not everyone preps for the end of the world, many simply prep for transport strikes and the resulting food shortage, or simply a job lose or retirement

You seem to have a solid base already,..I would be interested in the type of wind generator you have there,.. where in the Highlands are you [ roughly ]

We are based justed north of the Black Isle, moved here some 12 years ago now, got a old "But and Ben" cheap before house prices went stupid.My wind genny, I got off Evil-bay came marked as a gift import from China, under £300, attached to the top of a 12 scaffolding pole, charges 2 liesure batteries which I use to supply lighting and power to my workshop.Again my prepper side has always if possible went for non-powered tools, at the moment I converting a single sewing machine table with working treadle to run my sharpening stone! I like my axes sharp
29 June 2013, 13:46,
(29 June 2013, 07:39)Mongrel Wrote: We are based justed north of the Black Isle, moved here some 12 years ago now, got a old "But and Ben" cheap before house prices went stupid.My wind genny, I got off Evil-bay came marked as a gift import from China, under £300, attached to the top of a 12 scaffolding pole, charges 2 liesure batteries which I use to supply lighting and power to my workshop.Again my prepper side has always if possible went for non-powered tools, at the moment I converting a single sewing machine table with working treadle to run my sharpening stone! I like my axes sharp

Nice area,.. you and Tarrel are very close neighbours
A major part of survival is invisibility.