Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
does your "Bullshit Detector" work ?
22 June 2013, 10:49,
RE: does your "Bullshit Detector" work ?
(22 June 2013, 10:36)Highlander Wrote: I dont understand why its suddenly gone quiet either, the quietest since I joined,... maybe we have just lost all the pretend preppers...Smile

Its often goes quiet in summer, and a lot of folks are probably making the most of the good weather and working in their gardens and allotments, it usually picks up again in Sept

22 June 2013, 10:53,
Well as a newbie here I can kin of see where you are coming from here, although not as experienced as some of you I have been checking here daily and there are some who do not appear to be genuine.

I am new to prepping, though have really been a prepper mentally all my life (being a scout then in the military tends to start that way anyway), and have only just started getting my sh1t sorted for me and the family now.

As with most people funds are tight, my OH thinks I am mad but as some of the good stuff says a little bit often soon build up (luckily my BOB is still intact from military days) and there is a lot of reading, learning, practicing, decisions and building up of kit and skills still to do!

I just hope that I am not included in the 'pretend prepper' category!
22 June 2013, 10:56,
(22 June 2013, 10:53)Arnie72 Wrote: Well as a newbie here I can kin of see where you are coming from here, although not as experienced as some of you I have been checking here daily and there are some who do not appear to be genuine.

I am new to prepping, though have really been a prepper mentally all my life (being a scout then in the military tends to start that way anyway), and have only just started getting my sh1t sorted for me and the family now.

As with most people funds are tight, my OH thinks I am mad but as some of the good stuff says a little bit often soon build up (luckily my BOB is still intact from military days) and there is a lot of reading, learning, practicing, decisions and building up of kit and skills still to do!

I just hope that I am not included in the 'pretend prepper' category!

Being Ex mil you probably have more expierience than many of us Smile and of course your Scouting days will have stood you in good stead.

22 June 2013, 10:58,
the trouble with the internet and forums and "social media" is, as my wife so rightly points out, anyone can write anything and we have no way of checking whether what they have written is accurate or even true, so a certain amount of "yeah,right-if you say so!" is uttered!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 June 2013, 11:04,
Agree with you there BP, I put a lot of stead in honesty and integrity, unfortunately seems a lot of people don't in this sad world at present have either!

Usually IMHO these people tend to catch themselves out in the end as they cant keep up the BS.

I pride myself in the fact that everything I say on here can be verified if needed!
22 June 2013, 11:32,
In my honest opinion i cant understand why someone would come onto a prepping site and not prep,It does not make any sense to me,
Every single day when i go out and walk around and see the sheeple that are completely unprepared it actually scares me and makes me more determined in my prepping.I see these people and they do not know how close we are to TSHTF and their world is going to crumble around them.
And they call us lunatics
Todays mighty oak is just yesterdays nut that held its ground
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king
22 June 2013, 11:38,
yes, I cant understand why someone comes on a prepping site but dosent prep themselves, I've had countless conversations online with folk on other forums who just don't get it, I think a lot of people use prepping sites like an extension of facebook, their not preppers they just like to talk.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 June 2013, 12:17,
I think some are back seat preppers too - lets join a site, if the SHTF we'll buddy up with a good prepper / community and use their kit and knowledge to survive.....but do sod all ourselves.

I think those people will be in for a short sharp shock personally!
22 June 2013, 12:22,
(22 June 2013, 10:46)RoadWarrior Wrote: I think I may do a google search on "survival"prepper friendly sites....there may be a new site called " HOT SWEDISH BLONDE BIRDS(over 30s for me !) IN CAMO COOKIE CUTTER SHORTS WITH CROSSBOWS N KNIVES DO SURVIVAL THE EUROTRASH WAY DOT COM .........................................you never know !Big Grin

actually they don't even have to be fit !! or toned like S13 ! lol........as long as they've got the toys ...the metal type ! lol

You're not an Abba fan by any chance?Smile
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.
22 June 2013, 12:51,
(22 June 2013, 12:17)Arnie72 Wrote: I think some are back seat preppers too - lets join a site, if the SHTF we'll buddy up with a good prepper / community and use their kit and knowledge to survive.....but do sod all ourselves.

I think those people will be in for a short sharp shock personally!

maybe 1 or 2 like that, personally I don't credit people with that much intelligence!Tongue