Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
does your "Bullshit Detector" work ?
22 June 2013, 15:51,
RE: does your "Bullshit Detector" work ?
(22 June 2013, 15:34)bigpaul Wrote:
(22 June 2013, 15:28)Geordie_Rob Wrote: I'm still here lurking in the shadows. Just busy working 14hr days, 7 days a week lately. All this good weather has meant when I'm not working for railway, my gardening business is in high demand Smile

good for you, I used to be a self employed gardener myself.

It's hard graft but supplements my full time wage nicely. Shame my non-prepping mrs is spending the cash on a holiday instead of a van that I desperately need, but I'm sure ill forgive her when I'm indulging in the all inclusive bar Smile
22 June 2013, 16:00,
(22 June 2013, 12:56)Steve Wrote: Another site I use has a tradition of "calling custard". If someone posts that they've just built an all-singing-and-dancing wonder sniper rifle and shot a 1" 1000yd group with it, someone will call custard, requiring a photograph of said rifle and target next to a packet / tin of custard. Just the threat of it stops people from making outrageous claims.
Steve , that is a brilliant.....love it ...think I might make my own one up...lets think ...." Calling Monster Munch"....this may catch on ! lol...any flavour...as long as the "proof " is next to a packet of MM ! cheers mate.....gotta go and get back to my Soft air .357 Automag with silencer and mercury tipped hollow point rounds and a back pack containing 30lb compressed air cylinder in (getting 8,678) shots outta that baby.!! Big Grin
22 June 2013, 16:28,
(22 June 2013, 15:51)Geordie_Rob Wrote:
(22 June 2013, 15:34)bigpaul Wrote:
(22 June 2013, 15:28)Geordie_Rob Wrote: I'm still here lurking in the shadows. Just busy working 14hr days, 7 days a week lately. All this good weather has meant when I'm not working for railway, my gardening business is in high demand Smile

good for you, I used to be a self employed gardener myself.

It's hard graft but supplements my full time wage nicely. Shame my non-prepping mrs is spending the cash on a holiday instead of a van that I desperately need, but I'm sure ill forgive her when I'm indulging in the all inclusive bar Smile

yeah, I did it for several years part time to supplement my office job, then later when I was made redundant I went full time...happy days!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
23 June 2013, 09:08, (This post was last modified: 23 June 2013, 09:09 by Scythe13.)
(22 June 2013, 16:00)RoadWarrior Wrote:
(22 June 2013, 12:56)Steve Wrote: Another site I use has a tradition of "calling custard". If someone posts that they've just built an all-singing-and-dancing wonder sniper rifle and shot a 1" 1000yd group with it, someone will call custard, requiring a photograph of said rifle and target next to a packet / tin of custard. Just the threat of it stops people from making outrageous claims.
Steve , that is a brilliant.....love it ...think I might make my own one up...lets think ...." Calling Monster Munch"....this may catch on ! lol...any flavour...as long as the "proof " is next to a packet of MM ! cheers mate.....gotta go and get back to my Soft air .357 Automag with silencer and mercury tipped hollow point rounds and a back pack containing 30lb compressed air cylinder in (getting 8,678) shots outta that baby.!! Big Grin

Any time I get called out will end up with the same pack of monster-munch, which I'll be buying later today for this exact reason. Had a binge day yesterday, so it's healthy eating for me for the next 8 days....damn it haha.

Totally forgot to say....love this thread! I've spoken to a few people about how certain things seem to be total 'Monster-Munch' and certain people are full of 'Monster-Munch' haha.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
23 June 2013, 11:53,
Most of us don't have a good BS detector in general.
Most of us don't think logically.
Some of us are very good at producing BS.
A small amount can produce BS to fool all but a few of us.

Only working closely with someone or working on an area you know well can help you detect BS.

That is why there are so many con artists, politicians get reelected time after time and there are so many false understandings around.

In our situation there are just too many things we don't understand, too many things we can't try out and too many bits of conflicting advice. We have to take a lot of care with what we take as gospel and there are certain people that are worth listening to, and some who are not, on every site.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
23 June 2013, 12:35, (This post was last modified: 23 June 2013, 12:39 by RoadWarrior.)
Well put SD ! .unfortunately my BS detector is well calibrated over the years...just pleased this thread has been left on...and ran its course....and had other members thoughts on it too! ....I have to remind myself that after the SHTF...and some of us(unless your planning to disappear into the local council woods and live a hidden existence like a family of "Bigfoot") will come into contact with total strangers( if it cant be avoided that is) and that's when you may have to take these people at face value....they may say before the event that they were a commercial pilot....but the Porsche was trashed etc.....or they were a butcher....which is better for us...just find the cow !! yes its gonna be a major bluff situation if we come across people trying to infiltrate /join or pass thru our "community" trust...security....be aware...and never judge a book by its cover...Cop uniforms will be the easiest gov uniform to find after the event/s. be on your guard....and remember monster much will not be around for long after the SHTF. RW

meant to say DONT take people at face value IMO...be wary as we all will be ...a pinch of salt n all that ...like we do on here !Big Grin
23 June 2013, 14:50,
(22 June 2013, 12:17)Arnie72 Wrote: I think some are back seat preppers too - lets join a site, if the SHTF we'll buddy up with a good prepper / community and use their kit and knowledge to survive.....but do sod all ourselves.

I think those people will be in for a short sharp shock personally!

sometimes bad information gets spread like an infection, meaning people dont do it on purpose. thye picked up some bad info and passed it along, thinking they were being helpful

i dont know if i was really drunk at the time.
23 June 2013, 15:14,
(23 June 2013, 12:35)RoadWarrior Wrote: .unfortunately my BS detector is well calibrated over the years.......I have to remind myself that after the SHTF...and some of us(unless your planning to disappear into the local council woods and live a hidden existence like a family of "Bigfoot") will come into contact with total strangers its gonna be a major bluff situation if we come across people trying to infiltrate /join or pass thru our "community"

well said RW, letting strangers into our group or community(if we have one) could be very dangerous or downright life threatening so we have to be very careful who we accept into the fold, I expect you all know my feelings on this one!Tongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
23 June 2013, 16:04,
By there way GG post is not custard......I helped him drop the engine in....and a bit of welding.
23 June 2013, 16:13,
This is why I like videos where possible
A major part of survival is invisibility.