Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An addition to the drinking water issue
1 July 2013, 08:58,
RE: An addition to the drinking water issue
(1 July 2013, 03:44)Mortblanc Wrote: Well NR, you are correct about the theory but your dates are off by about 5,000-8,000 years.

No I'm not I'm talking about British culture and its small population and agrarian society only suffered for water born issues on relatively small scale issues cept for plague outbreaks. It did not beome an issue in Britain until the industrial revolution.
1 July 2013, 11:02,
I thought 'small beer' was produced in medieval times and long before, in our agrarian society, as an alternative to often-polluted water sources? This was known - perhaps just forgotten in the rush to the cities during industrialisation?

1 July 2013, 11:15,
(1 July 2013, 11:02)Grumpy Grandpa Wrote: I thought 'small beer' was produced in medieval times and long before, in our agrarian society, as an alternative to often-polluted water sources? This was known - perhaps just forgotten in the rush to the cities during industrialisation?

yes GG, that's what I was told too, they drank ALE because the water was polluted, I think BEER came a lot later when hops arrived?
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
1 July 2013, 11:28,
Ta muchly GG, Anyway regardless of its history can we say that preppers should consider Brewing as another useful tool to ensure we have enough safe liquid to drink.
1 July 2013, 11:56,
(1 July 2013, 11:28)NorthernRaider Wrote: Ta muchly GG, Anyway regardless of its history can we say that preppers should consider Brewing as another useful tool to ensure we have enough safe liquid to drink.

I reckon we definitely should NR - ease the workload on the Berkefeld filters a bit! Smile

1 July 2013, 23:24,
Viking drank beer for the same reason.

Brewing is simple enough. Making it palatable is the real trick!

I'm a wine man myself, but I am thinking about Kombucha. Ancient Egyptian rulers (can't spell phaeroes properly, so rulers will have to do haha) use to drink it and proclaim it as being from the gods. Ancient Chinese loved Kombucha too.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin