Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wild food
1 July 2013, 22:51, (This post was last modified: 1 July 2013, 22:52 by Scythe13.)
RE: Wild food
Very true HL. Tannic Acid can screw up protein absorption. I'm going to leach them for a week and a half first!

Plan on making acorn flour with them. Maybe cook up a few acorn grubs with my porridge in the morning first haha.

Best thing about acorns, once dried, they can be stored for years!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
2 July 2013, 00:39,
nice one s13 but whatch the grass there is something that groes in some and you dont want to eat that i will have a look for the name and discription tomo
dont for get coffee out of acorns Smile

bd
2 July 2013, 01:56,
(1 July 2013, 22:17)Straight Shooter Wrote: Umm GG ........you like monster munch to then? you bafty crastard

Honest! It's on account of them having longer legs on one side than on the other so when they're on flat ground, they're less agile. They evolved that way to aid them in running round the tops of hills... (munch-munch Big Grin)

2 July 2013, 08:49,
Fishings great fun, not been catching anything big but im not a huge fish fan so its catch and release.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have" Thomas Jefferson