Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mincemeat
2 July 2013, 14:22,
Mincemeat
that's Mincemeat NOT Minced Meat! bottles of mincemeat in Tesco's TODAY at 20p per bottle....yes I did say 20P a bottle!Big Grin great for flavouring stews and stewed fruit..keeps for ever!Tongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
2 July 2013, 15:26,
RE: Mincemeat
Never really thought about mincemeat. When you say keeps forever what do you mean. I've heard that said about several items.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
2 July 2013, 15:47,
I ate a mincemeat jar thing I made when I was in pre-school. Was about 20ish years old when I stuck it in the pastry. Tasted delicious.
2 July 2013, 16:40,
(2 July 2013, 15:26)Skean Dhude Wrote: Never really thought about mincemeat. When you say keeps forever what do you mean. I've heard that said about several items.

keeps until you eat it! certainly had some that was over 5 years old with no ill effects, same goes for Christmas pudding...that even gets better with age.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
2 July 2013, 19:24,
Fair enough. Don't know how I missed that one.
Skean Dhude
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
2 July 2013, 19:32,
Will see if our local Tesco has some tomorrow cheers BP
2 July 2013, 19:52,
I imagine it's pretty nutritious as well. Fruit, sugar, carbs (from the suet) - what's not to like?
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.
2 July 2013, 19:55,
Its a very good suggestion, O/H is going to look in Oban on Thursday, [ 2 hours away ]...that is our nearest Tescos they may be out by then, but I am sure she will find some somewhere
A major part of survival is invisibility.
4 July 2013, 22:21,
Mmmm Mincemeat. Christmas Pudding. Not sure whether our US cousins would understand. It's like trying to explain marmite.
4 July 2013, 22:33,
I have a distance to go to a big tesco so I went to a few other places including Corner Tesco, Asda and Morrisons. None of them have Mincemeat in at the moment. Strange.
Skean Dhude