Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
swapping GHB for BOB
24 July 2013, 11:11,
RE: swapping GHB for BOB
[/quote]

I know a fair few different routes, depending on what happens to make me walk. But I' be sticking to the roads initially. I do spend a lot of my time at work scouring google earth for interesting things on the routes home though. I could walk it easy without maps. Just need to walk west and keep going!
[/quote]

If you get your feet wet you have gone passed
Failure is NOT an option
24 July 2013, 11:22,

I know a fair few different routes, depending on what happens to make me walk. But I' be sticking to the roads initially. I do spend a lot of my time at work scouring google earth for interesting things on the routes home though. I could walk it easy without maps. Just need to walk west and keep going!
[/quote]

If you get your feet wet you have gone passed
[/quote]

Big Grin

Couple of big hills in between me and the sea. Next door neighbour works in Widemouth, takes him just over an hour to cycle that far. It's only 5 miles. Long, high, steep hills!!
24 July 2013, 11:25, (This post was last modified: 24 July 2013, 11:27 by bigpaul.)
depending on the event, roads will be dangerous places WTSHTF full of abandoned vehicles and ripe for ambushes, better to go off road and take a bit longer than chance the roads, at least that's my feeling.

especially given the location where you will be travelling from, bandit country!!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
24 July 2013, 11:32,
(24 July 2013, 11:25)bigpaul Wrote: depending on the event, roads will be dangerous places WTSHTF full of abandoned vehicles and ripe for ambushes, better to go off road and take a bit longer than chance the roads, at least that's my feeling.

especially given the location where you will be travelling from, bandit country!!!

I'm used to travelling through dangerous areas, where you are the target. I spent 8 years in Wisbech at a private school. We were NOT popular! Wink

I'd be looking to get home as quickly as possible. First 48 hours shouldn't be too bad - the tards probably won't have realised how serious things are, and by that time I'm clear of all the main population centers.

Although I can stay put with my mate if necessary until there's a safer method of getting home.
24 July 2013, 11:47,
you'd have to come across Salisbury plain? then follow the A303 across the blackdown hills, that's a lot of country to cross and a few counties too.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
24 July 2013, 11:56,
(24 July 2013, 11:47)bigpaul Wrote: you'd have to come across Salisbury plain? then follow the A303 across the blackdown hills, that's a lot of country to cross and a few counties too.

At the moment I go down the A34, then the A303 to the M5 @ Exeter, then the A30 to Launceston then onwards from there.

There are numerous alternative routes to get me onto the 303 that can cut out vast swathes of people. I'd be tempted to avoid the black down hills completely, but that puts another 20ish miles on the journey and takes me closer to a few different population hubs.

I definitely need a folding bike...
24 July 2013, 12:15,
(24 July 2013, 11:56)BeardyMan Wrote:
(24 July 2013, 11:47)bigpaul Wrote: you'd have to come across Salisbury plain? then follow the A303 across the blackdown hills, that's a lot of country to cross and a few counties too.

At the moment I go down the A34, then the A303 to the M5 @ Exeter, then the A30 to Launceston then onwards from there.

There are numerous alternative routes to get me onto the 303 that can cut out vast swathes of people. I'd be tempted to avoid the black down hills completely, but that puts another 20ish miles on the journey and takes me closer to a few different population hubs.

I definitely need a folding bike...
trouble with folding bikes is they have small wheels so your pedalling twice the distance, better get a bike rack!
24 July 2013, 12:31,
not all folding bikes have small wheels the dahon cadenza solo has 26"wheels
[Image: Dahon-Cadenza-Solo-folded1-folding-bike.jpg]
24 July 2013, 13:08,
OK I bow to your knowledge, all the ones I've seen had small wheels, I prefer a full size bike myself.
24 July 2013, 16:18,
(24 July 2013, 13:08)bigpaul Wrote: OK I bow to your knowledge, all the ones I've seen had small wheels, I prefer a full size bike myself.

Montague Paratrooper 2. Best folding bike you can get.
Shame it's over a grand!!