Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ref the debate about packs of feral dogs after TSHTF
24 July 2013, 14:34,
RE: Ref the debate about packs of feral dogs after TSHTF
it takes between 1 and 1and a half mins to black out with your throat cut how would you prep you meat post shit thats kind to our livestock or would you not bother
Survive the jive (youtube )
24 July 2013, 14:39,
(24 July 2013, 14:34)Sunna Wrote: it takes between 1 and 1and a half mins to black out with your throat cut how would you prep you meat post shit thats kind to our livestock or would you not bother

depending on what the animal was and how big it was, you could hit it over the head and knock it out before you cut its throat, that would only apply to domestic livestock really, anything you hunted your probably going to shoot dead anyway.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
24 July 2013, 14:46,
(24 July 2013, 13:33)bigpaul Wrote: I was always told that if an animal was stressed before it was killed this affects the meat and the taste and not for the better.

this is why the UK uses the stunning method in abattoirs.

It depends which stun method you are referring to, there are a few!
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
24 July 2013, 14:49,
yes paul i think mrs bunny being torn open buy a fox would quite fancy her throat cut as tarzan said , its a jungle out their Wink
Survive the jive (youtube )
24 July 2013, 14:49, (This post was last modified: 24 July 2013, 14:58 by bigpaul.)
(24 July 2013, 14:46)Binnie Wrote:
(24 July 2013, 13:33)bigpaul Wrote: I was always told that if an animal was stressed before it was killed this affects the meat and the taste and not for the better.

stunning is stunning, dosent matter what the method is, the result is the same. I don't work in an abattoir, but I thought a lot of them used bolt guns, I think other use electrical stunning.

(24 July 2013, 14:49)Sunna Wrote: yes paul i think mrs bunny being torn open buy a fox would quite fancy her throat cut as tarzan said , its a jungle out their Wink

well that's nature for you!

personally i'm not too bothered, if its poultry it'll get its neck wrung, anything else will get its throat slit...end of subject.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
24 July 2013, 15:10,
....and it doesn't take vicious dogs to do this either, a vicious dog is the dog who is on his own, who first growls and then attacks,... in the case of dog packs its excitement,... a bit like a gentle, softie [man] who doesn't want to hit anyone,...who is teased and egged on to do something,.. then once he starts it difficult to stop.

Dogs follow the group leader, and excitement takes over,.. if you can remove the instigator the rest will stop

15 attack dogs is a big pack, more than would be normal in the wild, usually it would be more like 5 or 6 who go after prey,... it might be an indication of how domestic dogs will hunt after an event,... scary indeed
A major part of survival is invisibility.
24 July 2013, 15:39,
All the more reason to bug in as long as possible.
24 July 2013, 16:15,
(24 July 2013, 14:49)bigpaul Wrote:
(24 July 2013, 14:46)Binnie Wrote:

stunning is stunning, dosent matter what the method is, the result is the same. I don't work in an abattoir, but I thought a lot of them used bolt guns, I think other use electrical stunning.

(24 July 2013, 14:49)Sunna Wrote: yes paul i think mrs bunny being torn open buy a fox would quite fancy her throat cut as tarzan said , its a jungle out their Wink

well that's nature for you!

personally i'm not too bothered, if its poultry it'll get its neck wrung, anything else will get its throat slit...end of subject.

Lol stunning isn't just stunning, it's a little bit of a black art but there are various types on the market, each with pros and cons.

I've got a fair bit of experience on this subject lol
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
24 July 2013, 16:17,
(24 July 2013, 15:39)MCavity Wrote: All the more reason to bug in as long as possible.

I think bugging out will be more of an American thing, I cant see many Brits bugging out, not in the first stages anyway, later on when there are no main services and everything goes TU then maybe.
24 July 2013, 20:37,
(24 July 2013, 13:10)bigpaul Wrote: post SHTF we wouldn't be going anywhere without our own PDW! wonder what dog meat tastes like??Big Grin

Heck BP, just find a Korean restaurant near you and you can find out!

The problem here in Texas is not feral dogs, but feral hogs...
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!