Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suzuki Viatra
28 July 2013, 20:24,
RE: Suzuki Viatra
(28 July 2013, 19:12)Millwall_Dave Wrote: is that the 4x4 that hairdressers drive

That's the one.
28 July 2013, 22:33,
Funny how a vehicle gets a reputation and label.

I inherited a Honda CRV when my wife passed away. Excellent little vehicle and gave dutiful service, but was completely designed around the needs of a "Soccer Mom" right down to hooks in the cargo area for hanging plastic grocery sacks, little table in the boot for sitting out snacks and drinks, total control of all windows and doors from the drivers seat and a rear seat useless for anything except strapping in a baby carrier.

You very seldom see men driving them.

I rolled 200,000 miles on it, without a major repair needed, and sold it to a nearby "soccer granny".
28 July 2013, 23:04,
I was looking into similar vehicles recently and info I researched on the net did not rate the Vitara build quality as on a par with either a Rav4 or CRV or Mazda Tribute. Best look on the enthusiast forums for reliability threads and common problems, then compare. TL
"How far back in time do you think our future will be?"
29 July 2013, 02:29,
You are correct Timelord, but the vehicles you sited are a different league of the auto world. Both the CRV, Tribute and RAV4 hold very high loyalty ratings over here. They are plush and flashy Soccer mom cars. All sell for $25,000 new and hold their resale value like crazy! My wife purchased hers as a 10 year old vehicle and paid $5,000. I drove it 5 more years, put nearly 100,000 more miles on it and sold it for $3,000 as a 16 year old vehicle.

Vitaras of the same age average about $1500-$2000 over here. A good one can be had for $800 if you hunt about.

The Vitara was an entry level vehicle over here, a disposable car one bought as a first vehicle before moving up to a classier ride.

Now they have almost a cult following, with clubs and collectors, but the normal auto magazines and ratings still view them as low level transport.
29 July 2013, 09:17,
these huge 4X4 monsters are completely useless where I live, you'd have to stick to the main A roads, they would get stuck in some of the back country lanes I drive on, the Citreon Berlingo I drive is the biggest vehicle that can navigate these lanes without reversing for half a mile when meeting another vehicle, best vehicle would be a Bedford Rascal, Suzuki Carryvan or one of the new DFSK mini vans, they are small enough to get past any other vehicle without reversing or stopping.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 July 2013, 10:24,
I've had the misfortune of working on a few vitara's...

Post event they will probably be a good choice, pre event, to maintain them to MOT standards can be quite costly.

They are cheap for a reason imo.
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
29 July 2013, 19:05,
(29 July 2013, 09:17)bigpaul Wrote: these huge 4X4 monsters are completely useless where I live, you'd have to stick to the main A roads, they would get stuck in some of the back country lanes I drive on, the Citreon Berlingo I drive is the biggest vehicle that can navigate these lanes without reversing for half a mile when meeting another vehicle, best vehicle would be a Bedford Rascal, Suzuki Carryvan or one of the new DFSK mini vans, they are small enough to get past any other vehicle without reversing or stopping.

You miss the point BP.

If your vehicle is big enough you make the other guy reverse or pull over!

Or SHTF you simply push them out of the road.

That's why we have those crash bars!
30 July 2013, 09:29,
(29 July 2013, 19:05)Mortblanc Wrote: You miss the point BP.

in the back lane's of Devon there isn't the room for 2 large vehicles to physically pass each other unless there is a "designated passing place", a lot of the time I reverse cos the other person cant-either because there's another vehicle behind or because they just cant! a smaller vehicle would allow me to get past without stopping - a useful thing POST SHTF! some of the smaller vehicles have crash bars(also know as BULL bars over here).
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
30 July 2013, 10:36,
(29 July 2013, 19:05)Mortblanc Wrote:
(29 July 2013, 09:17)bigpaul Wrote: these huge 4X4 monsters are completely useless where I live, you'd have to stick to the main A roads, they would get stuck in some of the back country lanes I drive on, the Citreon Berlingo I drive is the biggest vehicle that can navigate these lanes without reversing for half a mile when meeting another vehicle, best vehicle would be a Bedford Rascal, Suzuki Carryvan or one of the new DFSK mini vans, they are small enough to get past any other vehicle without reversing or stopping.

You miss the point BP.

the price of fuel in the uk comes into it £1.42 a litre
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
30 July 2013, 10:45,
(28 July 2013, 19:12)Millwall_Dave Wrote: is that the 4x4 that hairdressers drive

not really matey ...try these ..

http://www.bits4vits.co.uk/store/white-v...og_84.html

used to live by them in NOrth Wales.....

they used to trounce over Landies and Daihatsu and most others when they went off road...

original poster should phone em for advice....Big Grin

A