Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pistol crossbow
5 August 2013, 09:32,
RE: pistol crossbow
(5 August 2013, 09:23)River Song Wrote: Not sure about hunting at long distance but for short range work and possible defence against urban pond life and other creatures who come up to you post SHTF and say"I'm the last man left on earth darlin' " its great
Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Thanks so much, everyone - that looks perfect. I imagine in hunting terms it's only good for rabbits and the like, but I know I don't have the strength for a full size crossbow.

And thanks, NR - I'll check out the right forum.

One question - does the Tomcat have grooves to fit a red dot sight if I wanted? I don't know how much good it would be, but if you use these things with outstretched arm I can see it'll take me a very long time to get my eye in.
5 August 2013, 09:38,
(5 August 2013, 09:32)Little Lou Wrote: One question - does the Tomcat have grooves to fit a red dot sight if I wanted? I don't know how much good it would be, but if you use these things with outstretched arm I can see it'll take me a very long time to get my eye in.

the answer to that is yes, cos I have done it!Big Grin but you have to remove the rear sight first, I bought a cheap one from China and it works well, didn't even have to remove the front sight.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
5 August 2013, 09:54, (This post was last modified: 5 August 2013, 09:56 by NorthernRaider.)
Lou I believe the Mk 1 Tomcat which is often still found on sale uses the 11 mm dovetail mount like you find on air rifles, but the Mk2 has a weaver / picatinny rail as used by fire arms and military forces to mount their optics, grips, lasers, red dots etc so the answer is YES you can mount a red dot or laser you just need to buy the right mounts for the right bow.

BTW if I remember right on the bottom of the MK 2 is two drilled and tapped hole that you could in theory mount the laser or flashlight to as well as fitting a sight on the rail.

5 August 2013, 09:58,
if you get the same as I did LL it comes with the right mounts.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
5 August 2013, 10:21,
You guys are brilliant. I'll definitely go ahead now, so thank you all very much for your help.
5 August 2013, 20:41,
Y'know pistol bows have a fairly cleary defined role in short range personal security but as with most things they require at modicum of skill to be used to their maximum advantage, so consider alternatives as well for example those large aerosols of wasps nest destroyer make a pretty formidable ersatz mace type spray. just point and squirt and a good blast of noxious chemical and propellant can be blasted at an intruder up to 10 feet away.
Dont confuse Wasp and Fly killing sprays with the much larger and more powerful NEST destroyer.

Another alternative is the 1 litre disposable dry powder fire extinguisher, that is really debilatating if your opponant gets blasted with that from up to 15 feet away.