Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Is this a threat?
6 August 2013, 16:36,
RE: Is this a threat?
BP, It isn't that bad he said humans. You could use chavs.

HL,

So we know what happened in the past, absolutely nothing. Unprotected equipment, in my house, went undamaged. So even if it is worse it won't impact on most of our gear.

Our EMP protection, which coveres an EMP millions of times stronger than the sun, will cover it.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
6 August 2013, 16:48,
(6 August 2013, 16:36)Skean Dhude Wrote: BP, It isn't that bad he said humans. You could use chavs.

yeah, their JUST about humanBig GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 August 2013, 21:31,
Many thanks Highlander, I keep a keen eye on this subject, especially with the current weather patterns, I take heart from the fact YOU think it important enough to post and to make all on here aware....at least......more posts like this should be given more rope....I am surprised the thread is still going, well done! and thanks again!
6 August 2013, 21:40,
(6 August 2013, 21:31)Straight Shooter Wrote: Many thanks Highlander, I keep a keen eye on this subject, especially with the current weather patterns, I take heart from the fact YOU think it important enough to post and to make all on here aware....at least......more posts like this should be given more rope....I am surprised the thread is still going, well done! and thanks again!

I watch these goings on too, because it hasn't given us too much grief in the past doesn't mean it never will,... and by knowing about it we can at least be prepared for it,... this is why we are preppers, this is why we all/most of us have Faraday cages,...if we thought that there was no risk at all, why do many of us have them
A major part of survival is invisibility.
6 August 2013, 21:46,
Exactly my point. We already knew about it. Solar Flares and EMP is a hot topic.

So SS what did we learn?
Skean Dhude
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
6 August 2013, 21:59,
Simple SD prepare for as many events as possible, and keep an open mind, be aware what's going on around you , you have a choice......sit up take notice ...or ....ignore it, plus.....highlander does not post shit as a rule......so he deserves my time to read it.
6 August 2013, 22:08,
Well I didn't know that the poles shifted at all, let alone happened every 11 years,...I learnt that most of us seem to rule the threat out...... I wont bother in 2024...Smile
6 August 2013, 22:09,
That is the philosophy we use although it didn't answer the question. You know I delete these posts becuse news items simply don't add anything. I've let a couple run to see what has happened. This particular one has run and I'm now asking what did it add? Nothing as far as I can see.

All these news items do is distract us. They are inaccurate, fear mongering and misleading. We are prepping as fast as we can and these threads don't make the slightest bit of difference except one. We waste time on them.
Skean Dhude
6 August 2013, 22:16,
(6 August 2013, 22:09)Skean Dhude Wrote: That is the philosophy we use although it didn't answer the question. You know I delete these posts becuse news items simply don't add anything. I've let a couple run to see what has happened. This particular one has run and I'm now asking what did it add? Nothing as far as I can see.

All these news items do is distract us. They are inaccurate, fear mongering and misleading. We are prepping as fast as we can and these threads don't make the slightest bit of difference except one. We waste time on them.

Its not often I disagree with you SD but here I do,..ok so solar threats are hot topics, but they are still threats,.. I added this one because it seems to be an event that is nearly upon us,...I know you have a Faraday cage, so you are certainly aware of solar threats, and so are many others

Until an event happens we shouldn't call them `inaccurate, fear mongering or misleading,... because no-one knows, certainly no-one on this forum can be sure, when there are as many `experts` who believe, as those who dont

`The thread will make no difference if nothing happens`,... no threads on the forum will make any difference if nothing happens.
6 August 2013, 23:09,
HL,

Thats fine. We all have our own opinions.

I wasn't talking about the threats. They are real. I was talking about the media representation of them. They post articles that cause people to react. Just look at the threads when someone posts something about more immigrants from Romania or wherever. We don't need that and that is why I don't want news items posted here. They frighten people for no reason and I spend too much time on them and as I believe they add no value I will just delete them.
Skean Dhude