Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buggin in or out??
13 August 2013, 20:44,
RE: Buggin in or out??
Finally had time to look round the site a bit more and found Grey Wolf's site. Excellent stuff here a with bucket load of common sense to boot!

You might like to see his article here re going it alone or grouping together.

Like a few on this site, he's a dedicated and knowledgeable prepper. [Image: bow2.gif]
I'm NOT political so DON'T correct me!
13 August 2013, 20:50,
It sounds like you are very well set up BFG-C. Choose carefuly who you take into your group.

Here, our home is modern, shiny, and very comfortable for modern day life.. we're close to the city, but still with great access the countryside and also to motorways, airport etc...... But in event of a collapse, its wrong in almost every possible way imaginable!

Our plan is for fast evacuation to a BOL, carrying only GHBs, by car, by motrorbike, by bicycle or on foot. We are investing every resource we have into this.

I envy you living day to day in such an ideal location. its is something we dream of.

Good luck
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

13 August 2013, 21:06,
(13 August 2013, 20:50)Lightspeed Wrote: It sounds like you are very well set up BFG-C. Choose carefuly who you take into your group.

Here, our home is modern, shiny, and very comfortable for modern day life.. we're close to the city, but still with great access the countryside and also to motorways, airport etc...... But in event of a collapse, its wrong in almost every possible way imaginable!

Our plan is for fast evacuation to a BOL, carrying only GHBs, by car, by motrorbike, by bicycle or on foot. We are investing every resource we have into this.

I envy you living day to day in such an ideal location. its is something we dream of.

Good luck

Its not ideal, The spring i found on an old 1800's map 7 years after i bought the place.
I live on a main road in a medium sized town but by chance i have a stupidly sized garden because this was the old farm house years ago and bit by bit they sold off the land for building but kept a very large plot for themselves.
The upside is at the bottom or my garden is palisade fencing and then a fully enclosed school playing field.
At one side is an old police station so i have an 11 ft brick wall.
The downside is my garden goes behind 9 other houses.
Im blessed with great soil, Unlike a friend of mine who is in a get place in scotland and has no to soil to speak of so she has to grow in raised beds.

Everything is a compromise one way or the other.

We all have to make the most of what we have.
Id love an extra 10 acres to farm crops but securing that sort of area would be a total nightmare, especially if the SHTF.
14 August 2013, 08:05,
I plan to stay put, we are in a good location, and I think we would do ok here,.. although things change, so I am always thinking about it.

I do have another even more remote place in mind if things do go bad though
A major part of survival is invisibility.
14 August 2013, 09:13,
I plan to stay put a present, but I don’t think of this as a long turn solution as the location I find myself in is not ideal. There are plentiful resources to be had and my store is reasonable (not finished by a far).
I have a few places spotted out for a BOL but they lack in resource, mainly a water supply!
Which does leave me with a problem?
14 August 2013, 11:09,
plan to bug in due to young family

Ideally would like to move but thats not going to happen anytime soon
14 August 2013, 11:30,
Bugging in at the moment, not in a bad location now, but it looks like luck has started smiling on me for once and a possible very suitable Bug out location may become available soon thanks to a relative who is slowly seeing the benefits of prepping.

14 August 2013, 11:43,
(14 August 2013, 11:30)NorthernRaider Wrote: Bugging in at the moment, not in a bad location now, but it looks like luck has started smiling on me for once and a possible very suitable Bug out location may become available soon thanks to a relative who is slowly seeing the benefits of prepping.

that sounds good

shame I've no family in good locations Sad
14 August 2013, 12:22,
Sounds like a nice place to bug in. Like most I plan to bug in an wait it out. I live in a large town in Hertfordshire which is negative and have dreams for our garden but worry about overlookers as well.
It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here

14 August 2013, 12:32,
bugging in to begin with see how it goes, BOL scouted and mapped in case it all goes pear shaped.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.