Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh FF sake !!!
18 August 2013, 11:22,
RE: Oh FF sake !!!
George S. Patton:
"Fixed fortifications are a monument to the stupidity of man."

It's all well and good having a cinder-block castle until the local scum clear out the nearest national guard armoury.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
18 August 2013, 11:46,
Patton was a cavalry man, like Custer who I think lamented the absense of fix fortifications at the little big horn ? Smile

Infantry RULE.

18 August 2013, 12:35,
(18 August 2013, 10:57)Skean Dhude Wrote: Breeze Blocks. Anything above a .22 will shoot holes in them.

They are not breeze blocks SD, they are hollow contrete blocks, not as soft as breeze blocks,... but if he had filled the blocks up with something like soil from his footings he would have been better off.
A major part of survival is invisibility.
18 August 2013, 13:01,
I did watch this episode the rods sticking out the top attracted lightning and he nearly electrocuted his entire family
It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here

19 August 2013, 10:03,
If they are hollow concrete blocks, could you not fill each course of them with concrete, essentially making the wall solid? or is this too costly?
19 August 2013, 11:01,
(19 August 2013, 10:03)Tartar Horde Wrote: If they are hollow concrete blocks, could you not fill each course of them with concrete, essentially making the wall solid? or is this too costly?

Big Grin that's what I just said, two posts up...Big Grin

It would have been something I would do, at least for the outside walls, there would be plenty of in fill from the footings, that would make them bullet proof to most small arms at least
A major part of survival is invisibility.
19 August 2013, 11:03,
couldn't you fill them with sand or soil?
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
19 August 2013, 15:27,
I think the guy is a genius, or a total idiot that happened on a trick.

Okay, he'd dumb for building a castle for prepping. He's even dumber for putting it on national TV. However, if he does well from his new TV Show, he could get enough money to buy a nuclear bunker, or a new plot of land, or something like that.

He may well be running rings around all of us. We think he's making a castle, when really he'd going underground in a bunker.

But then again, he might just be an idiot with a concrete castle, and nowhere for food. Great plan having it in the middle of the woods. That way you won't be able to see anyone coming. It'll make your feeling of artificial security last longer! MMMM, ignorance is bliss.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
19 August 2013, 15:31,
nope scythe, he's a total idiot..not for building a castle...castles have been used for centuries to good effect(just look at the Normans), he's an idiot for splashing it all over the TV just for his "15 minutes of fame".
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
19 August 2013, 17:12,
Way to go....10 kids with a celebrity complex and a breeze block shell of a castle inspired by Walt Disney!

I love all those great big windows on the ground floor. Great defensive architecture that. But then again it looks like he's run out of cash before finishing the thing and all that's in there is a rusting designer bathtub....probably not too much need fopr defense after all as there's nothing there worth having.... Maybe he'd have been better off building a warehouse to keep the huge volume of preps that'd be needed for himself, his 10 kids and their hangers-on.

This is a complete fantasy.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580