Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
helmet
20 August 2013, 18:02,
RE: helmet
(20 August 2013, 17:58)MikeA Wrote:
(20 August 2013, 14:45)bigpaul Wrote: like I say, it was just a passing thought.

Dont bother with Army helmets, or any at all for that matter unless you're likely going to be caught up in an area with civil disturbance type scenarios unfolding, even then, go for either a hockey or bicycle helmet, (search Ebay for "bern"). A military lid will just mark you out big time.

yeah, thanks for that Mike, like I said it was just an idea.i saw it on a car boot stall and wondered.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
20 August 2013, 18:20,
I have a hard cap, it looks like a normal baseball cap but has some protection. It came from B&Q, but Jewsons sold them too. A downside is that it has reflective material sewn into the seams.

On a related note, a US company sells a baseball cap with a weight sewn into the back, they claim that you can grasp the peak and deliver an effective strike to an assailants head with it. Seems a little ambitious, but bear in mind that a small "sap" was a favoured weapon of many US policemen and they were trusting their lives to it, so maybe the cap sap isn't as silly as it sounds.
20 August 2013, 18:24,
I find army helmets too heavy for any real use. I will be using a bandana or winter hat. Depending on the weather. No point in having a helmet to deflect bullets when most people aim for centre mass (chest area).
20 August 2013, 18:30,
(20 August 2013, 18:24)Mooski88 Wrote: No point in having a helmet to deflect bullets when most people aim for centre mass (chest area).

yes, makes sense, i'll stick to my camo cap.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
20 August 2013, 19:03,
If all you want is a helmet to protect from bullets then it aint worth it. However, helmets have a lot more uses than that and are worth it for most of them.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
20 August 2013, 19:20,
The cheap copies can be dangerous, go for a genuine helmet if you must. I still have my Kevlar helmet from my days in the mob.
Failure is NOT an option
20 August 2013, 23:21,
Aldi were selling the safety caps at my local store the other day. Just plain black or navy blue so won't look out of place either.
20 August 2013, 23:43,
one word " deception " think about it what might mark you out for an easy target could work the other way and fool poeple into easy entry ? smart idea if done right like a plods uniform.
plod comes a long and tells you what to do or where to go and 99% of people just do it most dont ask for id because most don't want trouble.
remember the trojin horse
to win the war, you must be willing to die
21 August 2013, 01:40,
Yes I agree with grumpy old man if you act like you have the power to command 99% of the time people will do wot u say. One of the reasons why I collect army combat clothing is so when I come across some one in the SHTF in that gear carrying a rifle if I tell them to hit the ground they will most likely do it because I will be seen as a trained army personnel and therefore more dangerous individual.
21 August 2013, 02:19,
(21 August 2013, 01:40)Mooski88 Wrote: Yes I agree with grumpy old man if you act like you have the power to command 99% of the time people will do wot u say. One of the reasons why I collect army combat clothing is so when I come across some one in the SHTF in that gear carrying a rifle if I tell them to hit the ground they will most likely do it because I will be seen as a trained army personnel and therefore more dangerous individual.

Mooski, I don't know where your ideas/visions/revelations (well, maybe I can guess...), come from but with this one, you're going to get dead really quickly... they're carrying a rifle and you're not and they'll "Hit the ground"? (Or maybe I have that the wrong way round and you're the one who's armed...) Even if you are carrying, I know what my response would be - and it wouldn't be a semi-polite raspberry...! Big Grin

Do you own a rifle, by the way? As for 'trained and dangerous', it's far more likely that you'll be shit scared and quaking in your boots - most of us would be, even those of us with the benefit of training will have doubts! These will be new circumstances for all of us and the unknown has its fears...

Don't be tempted to think of being in command, even over one other individual. Think of survival for you and yours - low profile!