Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gas Masks
25 August 2013, 15:47,
RE: Gas Masks
Not all good gas masks are military. They are also items used in industry, especially the paint and chemical industry, and by the civil units, like fire brigades, first responders.

I have found that here in the States I can get NEW industrial units at lower cost than military and the new units are approved by FEMA/OHSA while the surplus military is almost always questionable.

Those same suppliers also carry new filters for the NATO standard thread pattern and adapters to convert the Soviet threads to NATO.

Those filters are up to the new standards and update old masks still in use by civil defense. They would work fine for CS gas and smoke, which is the greatest threat anywhere. As was stated above, most filters begin to degrade when opened, so one must operate on faith that the product is sound when taken from the package since one can not test, then put away for latter use.

I am sure there is no use me posting links since the shipping would be prohibitive and you can probably get the same from suppliers over there.

Messages In This Thread
Gas Masks - by River Song - 24 August 2013, 10:36
RE: Gas Masks - by bigpaul - 24 August 2013, 10:42
RE: Gas Masks - by Millwall_Dave - 24 August 2013, 12:35
RE: Gas Masks - by BFG Central - 24 August 2013, 12:36
RE: Gas Masks - by Tigs - 25 August 2013, 07:42
RE: Gas Masks - by NorthernRaider - 25 August 2013, 09:52
RE: Gas Masks - by Mortblanc - 25 August 2013, 15:47
RE: Gas Masks - by Highlander - 26 August 2013, 18:12