Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A snippet about crossbow power
24 January 2012, 20:03,
RE: A snippet about crossbow power
IdeaAn idea to help avoid losing Xbow bolts - fasten hi vis fine fishing line to a notch in the rear of the bolt. Not tried it but could be worth a laugh.
Also if you fastened v.fine monofilament wire instead of fishing line, you could energise the line to a few thousand volts and incapacitate the target. maybe using this method, you wouldn't need sucha high power xbow to start off with.

this is all just a fun idea and only half serious - you never know though.. ummm.
24 January 2012, 20:07,
i'm "old school" i prefer longbow type to crossbow, i have 2 and a supply of wooden arrows, going to buy some broadheads soon.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
24 January 2012, 21:33,
Timelord,

I'm building one now. How did it go in the tests?
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
25 January 2012, 13:05,
I've got a number of bows and crossbows, and have used them for a long time now. When it comes to hunting a crossbow wins every time over a bow. a good crossbow with quality optics and good Bolts will be far more accurate than any bow, including compounds fitted with sights.