Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If You won the lottery .............
2 September 2013, 22:59,
RE: If You won the lottery .............
Honestly id get some land 1000+ acres with good soil and some good quality farming equipment and get plenty of building for other like minded people who wanted to live off grid.
Get it all up and running to provided food and power on sites all year round.
down south some where near the coast line.
I wouldnt bother with livestock bigger that goats and lots of poultry.
Maybe a couple of pigs as a luxury. (cuz im right off raising pigs at the moment)
3 September 2013, 00:00,
(2 September 2013, 22:19)Highlander Wrote:
(2 September 2013, 19:48)Midnitemo Wrote: Scotish island , probs the one up for £2.5 million recently

Not sure I would want an island,.. the supplies might run out mighty quick, then you could be in an island prison
You've won the lottery .... you can by 200 years of mountain house lol
(2 September 2013, 20:47)River Song Wrote: @HL

Lovely - you could reallu tuck yerself away there. But how would you get supplies in?

As I-K-E said the house comes complete with quad bikes and boats, boats are the only lifeline, their cars are parked up over the water from them, so everything from the kids going to school to going out for a meal starts and finishes with a boat ride,... and Loch Shiel can get up to a 6 foot swell in bad weather,...so there are days when the trip cant be made
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
3 September 2013, 04:27,
I would do like the Americans. Convert an old missile silo into a prepper palace. A dozen floors. For living areas, kitchens, entertainment, gym, firing range, workshop etc. and under ground storage for water, fuel and food. On the outside complete flat land so my security system can see anyone approaching. I would also buy the land above and get animals placed on it. Fresh meat that way. Hmmmmm I wonder if I could get a small nuclear reactor haha
3 September 2013, 08:12,
Moon-Base!!!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
3 September 2013, 09:25,
you'd be surprised just how BIG acreage actually is! we were on an allotment that was in a 2 acre field and that was massive, you only NEED as much as you can actually USE otherwise its just wasted ground. for myself I would like a 2/3 detached cottage, very old, very rustic NOT modernised with a large walk in larder, very isolated, very rural, no near neighbours, maximum of half an acre to an acre of useable land, if it had a couple of acres of woodland that would be a bonus, if it had more than an acre of land but no woodland I would get lots of trees planted on it, I want a well or spring water, private water not on the mains,being rural it will probably have a septic tank if its really old it might only have a "soakaway", i'm not bothered if its not on mains electric as that will be the way we are all living post shtf. I would get a large workshop built, also a "solar"(potting) shed and a small polytunnel, raised beds for the veg and a fruit cage for the fruit bushes.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 September 2013, 10:15,
I would buy the house where I was gardening at last year up by Hexham.

Huge country house, numerous outbuildings, massive walled garden (which I was looking after) with ice house built into the wall, separate orchard with apples, plums, pears & cherries, huge lawn at the rear that could be used for grazing animals, a hothouse growing space fed via the fireplace & with similar floors pace to the entire ground floor of my home.

Had the river Tyne (fresh water) flowing past that could supply all water needs plus some sort of water mill power generator.

Changes I would make:

• dig a huge pond in the field opposite, stocked with some edible fish. Hopefully this would attract other wildlife aswell.
• get a secure panic room/bunker installed with some sort of ventilation system.
• some sort of solar & wind generation system installed
• underground tanks for storing fuel oil & red diesel
• secured room with shotguns, rifles, legal pistols & plenty ammo
• a moat dug all the way around so no bugger could get easy access.

Now sadly, back to reality Sad
3 September 2013, 11:01,
move to the south island of new zealand buy a substantial acreage and live life as ive always wanted to
3 September 2013, 12:35,
(3 September 2013, 10:15)Geordie_Rob Wrote: I would buy the house where I was gardening at last year up by Hexham.

Huge country house, numerous outbuildings, massive walled garden (which I was looking after) with ice house built into the wall, separate orchard with apples, plums, pears & cherries, huge lawn at the rear that could be used for grazing animals, a hothouse growing space fed via the fireplace & with similar floors pace to the entire ground floor of my home.

Had the river Tyne (fresh water) flowing past that could supply all water needs plus some sort of water mill power generator.

Changes I would make:

• dig a huge pond in the field opposite, stocked with some edible fish. Hopefully this would attract other wildlife aswell.
• get a secure panic room/bunker installed with some sort of ventilation system.
• some sort of solar & wind generation system installed
• underground tanks for storing fuel oil & red diesel
• secured room with shotguns, rifles, legal pistols & plenty ammo
• a moat dug all the way around so no bugger could get easy access.

Now sadly, back to reality Sad

Once you've won the Lottery and have all that work done, if you need a gardener let me know!
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

3 September 2013, 15:26,
(3 September 2013, 12:35)Lightspeed Wrote: Once you've won the Lottery and have all that work done, if you need a gardener let me know!

Not want to come to my moon-base?
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
3 September 2013, 15:47,
Dark or sunny side S13?