how long
6 September 2013, 08:17,
RE: how long
Nearby town has population of 58,000

Yes 5 miles is a bit close but I really cannot move until I retire
so I have to make the best of it
6 September 2013, 09:13,
No such problems here. If TSHTF and I'm at home there'll be plenty of people to talk to in the village. Everyone is really helpful and friendly - no worries about having to hide out. 3 vehicles can block access to the village too, so I don't see us hiding inside at all.
6 September 2013, 09:38,
(6 September 2013, 08:17)River Song Wrote: Nearby town has population of 58,000

Yes 5 miles is a bit close but I really cannot move until I retire
so I have to make the best of it

58,000? wow! my nearest town 8 miles away has a population of 5,000 and I was a BIT worried about that?Big GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 September 2013, 09:42,

As long as it isn't Spalding you'll be alright!
6 September 2013, 09:45,
(6 September 2013, 09:42)BeardyMan Wrote:

As long as it isn't Spalding you'll be alright!

or Norwich.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 September 2013, 09:46,
didn't know this was a fishing forum, I thought it was about prepping
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

6 September 2013, 09:52,
(6 September 2013, 09:46)Lightspeed Wrote: didn't know this was a fishing forum, I thought it was about prepping

who mentioned fishing? I don't remember saying anything about the price of Cod!Big Grin
6 September 2013, 10:26,
Its neither spalding or norwich -

re Fishing ....

The piece of Cod which passeth all understanding ....................
6 September 2013, 11:56,
I agree with MikeA and Jonas completely.

The wife and I do not have a TV. We opted to swap brain numbing entertainment for books. So instead of a TV we have a mini library. There is a huge selection of books there, so that's a great thing. Many are medical books (mine and the wife's), there are business books, military books, stories galore, and a load of bodybuilding magazines. Added to that, we have 'faith' books, like the book of moron (I think that's how it's spelt. It might be Mormon, but I am not sure) that was a gift from a friend, as well as the Bible and other such books. Survival guides and plant based books, as well as loads of off grid books! We have a load of language books too, as well as some biographies. Don't forget chess, drafts (spelt wrong, no doubt), back gammon, and monopoly, as well as packs of cards.

As for how long we WILL stay inside, probably not too long. We are prepping for a few of our neighbours to help us along. We have had 4 or 5 BBQ's already this year where at least 4 houses worth of people have come together, and we all get on really well. Yes when there's a situation going on, people will be different. But at the moment, we prefer our odds of survival in a group.

As for how often we will be outside, that'll be a huge requirement of the neighbour's situation. If they're out and about, talking together, it would seem odd if we didn't do the same.

Our capabilities to stay inside are pretty good. We could hold up for months here. Rubbish would be the only major issue, outside of looters etc. The thing with that is, we have a fire-bin and compost bin. Granted they're outside, but if you check out the £5 prep series I did, it'll show a pretty good idea for how to do some fun indoor composting.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
6 September 2013, 12:05,
(6 September 2013, 09:46)Lightspeed Wrote: didn't know this was a fishing forum, I thought it was about prepping

It used to be !