Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you see prepping developing?
6 September 2013, 22:56,
RE: How do you see prepping developing?
(6 September 2013, 17:24)Highlander Wrote: [quote='Be...we talk about `sheeple` as if they are a separate breed...

One thing that really bugs me is that word.
6 September 2013, 23:48,
What about "walking dead" lol
"How far back in time do you think our future will be?"
7 September 2013, 01:54,
I'd like to see everyone prepping, it would be better if we could all ride out a storm for a while. Unfortunately it won't happen, there was a feature on the radio yesterday about how people are borrowing money to buy petrol, in this situation buying bottled water or a sack of rice won't be at the top of peoples list.

It's already too late for many people to stock up, and many others are eagerly swallowing the line about the "green shoots of recovery". I think they are in what shrinks call "Denial", like a kid closing his eyes and hoping the scary things will go away.
7 September 2013, 08:46,
(6 September 2013, 22:56)BeardyMan Wrote:
(6 September 2013, 17:24)Highlander Wrote: [quote='Be...we talk about `sheeple` as if they are a separate breed...

One thing that really bugs me is that word.

I think it describes them to a T-as they all follow the flock, act alike and think alike and are as stupid as sheep.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 September 2013, 12:26,
their seems to be alot more tv/radio programes on survival/prepping over the last few years making it more popular , but what i dont want is too many youtube preppers/survival folk giving away all the info this info gives us an edge over everybody else.

i like that edge
Survive the jive (youtube )
7 September 2013, 12:29,
I don't think there is much chance of that Sunna, most of your "youtube" generation see it as entertainment and nothing more.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 September 2013, 13:26,
(6 September 2013, 17:24)Highlander Wrote:
(6 September 2013, 16:50)BeardyMan Wrote: I don't care either way. I do what I do, everyone else can do whatever they want Big Grin

Thats just the way I feel too,.. it doesn't matter to me.

...we talk about `sheeple` as if they are a separate breed, yet most of us were one at one point in our lives,..so if a village of 20 guys decide to become prepers because its the `in thing`,... how do we know that those 20 guys dont become `real` preppers

It would be normal to see increased numbers of prepers as the world/country situation worsens anyway

Of course the other way to look at it is that most fads are short lived.

Serious preppers keep what they do to themselves or within their groups, while all around us other play at prepping, no-one will ever know just how many serious preppers are out there until such time as something happens

The only thing we will have to watch out for is that if we get an increase of wanabe preppers that the government doesn't think along the same lines as the US

Yup, very close to how I feel. We all have freedom of choice and there's enough information out there to give obvious and strong indications that all is not well. It's inevitable that sooner or later something will break, whether it's natural or, more likely, man made, the system as it stands is too fragile. The only question is, which SHTF scenario will it be? And, are we are ready for it?

So, I reckon prepping will develop more and more the closer any disaster looms. I personally hope that small like minded communities develop so they can assist and help each other but I'm afraid that, in reality, it'll be panic and a case of the strongest taking advantage of the weakest first. Such appears to be Human Nature at it's worse. At it's best, people will come together, learn mucho lessons and create a much better way of life.

Or am I dreaming? [Image: dunno.gif]
I'm NOT political so DON'T correct me!
7 September 2013, 15:06,
Without sounding cliched, I hope the British Prepping movement keeps calm and just carries on. I hope the number of preppers remains stable, with the majority of people remaining asleep, maybe getting diverted onto things like ecofriendliness. I think it would be bad if we suddenly got loads of media exposure, because we would be thrust into the limelight, it would become dinner table conversation "maybe that weird relative of yours is a prepper?"
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
8 September 2013, 14:17,
(6 September 2013, 15:52)RoadWarrior Wrote: I wouldn't want to see it turned into a fashionable/fad that's "cool" to do.....in a "glamping " bullshit way...I don't want every knobhead in the village doing it to bragg on FB, as they are too thick to understand the big picture about the government...and other Evils ! the sheeple are too stupid .....if they wake up to "reality" it wont be 100%....they like their "material" designer label shit....they would probs store extra sky remotes, mobile phone batts, new nike white trainers, and fill the freezer with microwave meals. I want the scene to stay underground and not mainstream....that's no more uk preppers programmes too !

love the line about prepping with microwave meals! damn funny because its true!

anyway, at least in the US, its happened just the way you said. there are so many idiots that " are into prepping" and they post their misinformation all over the place. for example they read somewhere that sugar shouldnt be stored for more than 6 months, so then they go around posting that everywhere as if it were fact. it has become increasingly difficult telling fact from fiction.