Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
just a question
16 September 2013, 10:27,
RE: just a question
(16 September 2013, 10:23)Prepper1 Wrote: Yep it s all fine till somebody gets in and tries to save the world and be a hero and turn it on again...

yep, usually one of these people that wants post collapse what they had before TSHTF, that caused all the problems in the first place AngryAngry
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
16 September 2013, 10:38,
The auto safety systems that are independent of the nation grid will kick into gear and put the reactors into a safe state so it will be decades before they start leaking once all the infrastructure decays enough.

if you are worried about a chernobyl or Fukushima the look into why/how these happened and think if they could happen here.

don't forget that there has been massive advances in reactor technology to ensure that a Chernobyl will never happen again and Fukushima was down to an extreme of nature. Also the new reactors that are planned are designed to deal with the worst case i.e. core melt down.
16 September 2013, 10:41, (This post was last modified: 16 September 2013, 10:42 by bigpaul.)
so short of a tsunami or WW3 nothing to worry about then?? keep it in our minds but not dwell on it, better things to worry about??Big Grin

I still wouldn't live near one though!!

Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
16 September 2013, 10:52,
(16 September 2013, 10:41)bigpaul Wrote: so short of a tsunami or WW3 nothing to worry about then?? keep it in our minds but not dwell on it, better things to worry about??Big Grin

something like that Big Grin
16 September 2013, 10:55,
(16 September 2013, 10:52)I-K-E Wrote:
(16 September 2013, 10:41)bigpaul Wrote: so short of a tsunami or WW3 nothing to worry about then?? keep it in our minds but not dwell on it, better things to worry about??Big Grin

something like that Big Grin

good, now I KNOW I made the right decision to come home to Devon-not that I ever doubted it!Angel
16 September 2013, 11:51,
BP's only worry is flamanville's nuclear reactors in western Normandy fingers crossed for all of us....that some kind off automated shutdown/failsafe will minimise the effects. i have a friend who has just started to work in the nuclear industry after a career as a medic on the submarine fleet , gonna pick his brains next time i see him.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
16 September 2013, 11:56,
The issue isn't the reactors. They have safety features built in. It is the spent fuel rods that are the issue, just like in Japan. They require constant cooling. That is why power stations are placed close to the coast, plenty of cold water.

This will be an issue WTSHTF. We just have to prepare as best we can. This is imo an issue for everyone to consider.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin