Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And if the disaster is an Electromagnetic Pulse?
17 September 2013, 10:39, (This post was last modified: 17 September 2013, 10:42 by bigpaul.)
RE: And if the disaster is an Electromagnetic Pulse?
I don't think post event the mobile towers will be used for civilian use, will mostly be taken over for govt and military use.

you will note I am referring to POST event not the run up to it, I think John was referring to the run up not the period afterwards.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
17 September 2013, 11:00,
You could have a point there BP

Run up and immediate aftermath use cell network to control population and to herd them / make them stay put as required.

This will PERHAPS give time for marshal law type procedures to be activated ( I don't see how though), and at that point cell network will lock out all but Mil and gov coms.

This would be a smart trick....get the general population to rely 100% on information and instruction received their mobiles, and once reliant and in the desired location / physical condition, to withdraw that service.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

17 September 2013, 11:04,
I believe that the cell towers went very quickly out of use for civilians on both 9/11 and the Boston Bombings?? just when people needed them!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
17 September 2013, 11:10,
(17 September 2013, 11:00)Lightspeed Wrote: You could have a point there BP

Run up and immediate aftermath use cell network to control population and to herd them / make them stay put as required.

This will PERHAPS give time for marshal law type procedures to be activated ( I don't see how though), and at that point cell network will lock out all but Mil and gov coms.

This would be a smart trick....get the general population to rely 100% on information and instruction received their mobiles, and once reliant and in the desired location / physical condition, to withdraw that service.

thats one of of looking at it and when you think that both me and BP regularly point out that in a big event the UK farming system can't support 3/4 of the population and that's using modern agriculture

I guess it could be one way to move people out of important areas and away for thing the Mil and Gov want
17 September 2013, 11:16,
(17 September 2013, 11:04)bigpaul Wrote: I believe that the cell towers went very quickly out of use for civilians on both 9/11 and the Boston Bombings?? just when people needed them!

I've read somewhere, but cannot remember where, that the Boston cell toweres were taken out by TPTB to try to stop any furher cell phone triggered bombs.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

17 September 2013, 11:35,
(17 September 2013, 11:16)Lightspeed Wrote:
(17 September 2013, 11:04)bigpaul Wrote: I believe that the cell towers went very quickly out of use for civilians on both 9/11 and the Boston Bombings?? just when people needed them!

I've read somewhere, but cannot remember where, that the Boston cell toweres were taken out by TPTB to try to stop any furher cell phone triggered bombs.

at least that's what they said!! if you believe TPTB!Big Grin
17 September 2013, 15:25,
...but surely in a real emergency, when their message is being sent out, there is no reason to respond,... ok,... so they know where the phone is, but if it goes nation wide then they wouldn't have the time or the availability to track everyone.

....and, as BP said, once such a message has been sent out, much of the mobile transmitters will be shut down,.. that happened after the shooting in America [ the two brothers],.. mobile phone wouldn't work.

I dont see a negative here [ yet, open to persuasion ],..on the face of it, it sounds like a good sensible idea

Interesting what you said RS,... I wonder if there are particular threats in the other trail areas?
A major part of survival is invisibility.
17 September 2013, 15:35,
(17 September 2013, 11:35)bigpaul Wrote:

Its safe to believe taht one BP, cell phone triggering of IEDs is well documented and continues to be one of the primary triggers for such devices.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

17 September 2013, 15:37,
(17 September 2013, 15:35)Lightspeed Wrote:
(17 September 2013, 11:35)bigpaul Wrote:

Its safe to believe taht one BP, cell phone triggering of IEDs is well documented and continues to be one of the primary triggers for such devices.

yes, I have heard of such.
17 September 2013, 17:16,
In the event of an emergency, access to the mobile network will be essentially withdrawn for us civvies.

The official plans read as follows:

Mobile telephony Priority Access scheme (MtPAs)
This is the authorised scheme whereby the mobile telephony service providers can, in the event of a major incident, limit access to their respective networks and permit emergency services, local authorities and other users with suitably enabled mobile telephones to have exclusive access to available channels.

This facility is expensive to implement and can cause inconvenience to other responders, such as Transport for London. It should only be initiated after careful consideration and on the authority of Police Gold. In an extreme or urgent situation Police Silver may request the implementation of MTPAS.

The system works by using MTPAS enabled SIM cards. The SIM cards are supplied by the respective service providers. Individual emergency service organisations should consult their own policy in relation to the numbers of MTPAS enabled telephones they can obtain. As a guide each organisation should take into consideration key posts to be supplied with MTPAS enabled SIM cards.

It should be noted that the Cabinet Office is the authorising body for MTPAS registration and the number allowed on the scheme is strictly limited to preserve its operational benefits.

These notes are from London's "Major Incident Procedure Manual" which I will post soon

RS