Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What warning signs are you looking for?
19 September 2013, 22:55,
RE: What warning signs are you looking for?
The ferry from the mainland not running for more than two weeks, and supplies not coming by air instead (like they did when the ferry wasn't going for a week).

And if there's no information on why it hasn't been, then it's time.
Sodomi Non Sapiens.
20 September 2013, 06:53,
obviously weather and other natural events, there will be some kind of warning in the media, so thats an easy one,

i think if we started to see the first signs of hyperinflation that'd be a big sign to me of things to come, i reckon if it's all gonna go TU, the big businesses and banks will know first.
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
20 September 2013, 08:44,
(20 September 2013, 06:53)Binnie Wrote: obviously weather and other natural events, there will be some kind of warning in the media, so thats an easy one,

Don't count on it.....this was the advice from the BBC just hours before the 1987 Great Storm: http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/nol/newsid_...042399.stm
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

20 September 2013, 10:41,
There are some very good warning signs.

Interestingly Rush2112, you mentioned the T-Bills (Treasury Bills) hitting 3%. You're the 4th person I know looking at that. There is another that is a prepare I know checking that out, but there are 2 that work in the financial sector checking the same thing. It was up in the 2.9's, but the possibility of the QE4 has changed things.

If you want to look it up, the debt ceiling and debt limit will be hit in September and October, respectively. The debt ceiling talks have been postponed but will be called on 15th October...just about the same time as the debt limit will be reached....meaning the treasury of the US will not be able to pay it's debt, ergo it will default. If it defaults, then every country that has any bonds in America, e.g. China, Japan, England, Germany, and everywhere else on earth, will be trying to cash in their 'investments'. Would you invest 75 trillion Yen and never want a return on that investment? That is definitely one to watch!!! I am 90% sure it's the 15th of October, unless other postponements occur...possible. If the dollar tanks completely, then every human being on earth will be effected!!! This will be one huge one to watch!!! Eyes and ears open for this date.

When it happens, I'll be holding silver and gold (not a fan of gold to be honest) until I am able to get a good exchange, and sell about 75% of it off. Then we'll be paying off our mortgage. This is the ideal time for anyone in the same situation to get out of any other debt (student loan, credit cards, car loan, etc) by selling off silver and gold. Who knows, it might even be a good time to sell off copper (no joke, it's a commodity and cheap enough to acquire...my copper went up a huge amount in a few short years and ended up buying a load of silver).
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
20 September 2013, 20:56,
When I turn on the news......and told we are turning the corner and everything is going to be just fine, then watch the next segment talking about fuel poveity and people holding down three jobs just to develope even more debt.....then onto the next segment talking about more food banks, you could'nt make it up......or could you? .;
20 September 2013, 21:19,
People taking up residence in our field shelter or the chicken coop.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
20 September 2013, 21:24,
Good thread Sythe, some warning signs I havent considered.
(19 September 2013, 15:49)Rush2112 Wrote: I like to keep an eye on the 10 year US treasury bond rate. Now it is at 2.73pc. From what I've read if this goes to over 3 pc that may be a sign the crash is very close.

If the worldwide financial markets have a major correction that could lead to the other signs: riots, hyper inflation, even greater unemployment.

I'm looking very very closely at the T-bills, a lot of non mainstream financial pundits have said all hell could break loose if the rate hits 3.5%
It hit 3.001 last week, and it took some corrections and Federal Reserve interventions to prevent rising higher. Many think that TPTB have ultimately lost control and we are witnessing the a shtf scenario in slow motion.
20 September 2013, 22:17,
Some really good tips in this thread, and I'm furiously taking notes.

I've only really got one significant one to add, and I'm afraid it's of limited use. By the time things have got this far all the really seasoned preppers will already be bugging out or hunkering down, but it's still worth knowing just in case tptb have mentioned to keep things even tighter under wraps than we imagine.

The key is to keep an eye (and ear) on the BBC. Not for what they tell us, but because the BBC has an entire plan for National Emergencies, and if you know what to look for you can spot it:

The first clue will be more pre-recorded items during the news than you'd expect in a crisis - which will be there to cover the running down of staff.

The second is to watch the background when they feature quotes or interviews with politicians. If it's anonymous or studio-like then you can bet that politician has already got the hell out of London.

The third is when transmission switches. The BBC's designated 'control centre' for a National Emergency is the Elstree complex in Borehamwood, and when this kicks in then those bugging out need to be out of the door in five seconds. They're very unlikely to tell you that tx has moved, but there'll be a difference in background sets for TV, and quite possibly different voices on radio. If it even 'feels' different - it's time to move.

EastEnders is no guide, by the way. It's true that's made at Borehamwood and will have to stop production when the switch comes, but there'll be nearly a month's worth of programmes stashed to keep up the appearance of normality for quite some time.

As I say - it's not much use except in really dire straits, but there's no harm in knowing it, and it might help one day.
21 September 2013, 00:41,
watch the royals,a few days before the 2008 crash chaz sold of lots of his shairs , insider info they call it Undecided
Survive the jive (youtube )
21 September 2013, 09:11,
No! Surely not Sunna..?.......very good point though