Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exploration for BOLs
21 September 2013, 17:08,
RE: Exploration for BOLs
ok if you put it that way I have plan B,C,D,E,F,G,H and I...I have 8 BOL's all points of the compass...plan B being the principal and best BOLBig GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 September 2013, 07:35,
(21 September 2013, 17:08)bigpaul Wrote: ok if you put it that way I have plan B,C,D,E,F,G,H and I...I have 8 BOL's all points of the compass...plan B being the principal and best BOLBig GrinBig Grin

There you go again, all childish. I have more than anyone else.
The point of your reply was just another childish dig and not of any real substance.

Also would we please stop posting just links with detail as above or some such. You must have read the post so you must have an opinion so why not say so to start a discussion.

But please stop all this unnecessary and unwarranted posting.

Now go on send a reply to that.
22 September 2013, 14:31,
(21 September 2013, 16:33)John Wrote: Plans are not set in stone and can be changed. But it is better to have more than a couple. Same goes with BOL's because one may be occupied at the time or not available for what ever reason.

So, whats the difference, from what you said to what BP has said,..I see nothing childish about having more than a couple of options

(21 September 2013, 17:08)bigpaul Wrote: ok if you put it that way I have plan B,C,D,E,F,G,H and I...I have 8 BOL's all points of the compass...plan B being the principal and best BOLBig GrinBig Grin
A major part of survival is invisibility.
22 September 2013, 14:39,
(22 September 2013, 14:31)Highlander Wrote:
(21 September 2013, 16:33)John Wrote: Plans are not set in stone and can be changed. But it is better to have more than a couple. Same goes with BOL's because one may be occupied at the time or not available for what ever reason.

So, whats the difference, from what you said to what BP has said,..I see nothing childish about having more than a couple of options
Thank you HL, all I was trying to say was that it IS possible to have several options in hand, but I had to get off my backside and go and find them, I am lucky in being in an area where there is abandoned property. I see nothing childish in that.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 September 2013, 14:56,
(22 September 2013, 14:39)bigpaul Wrote:

Thank you HL, all I was trying to say was that it IS possible to have several options in hand, but I had to get off my backside and go and find them, I am lucky in being in an area where there is abandoned property. I see nothing childish in that.

watch uot john bp is going to tell the teacher and get his dad on you ......TongueTongueTongueTongue
Survive the jive (youtube )
22 September 2013, 15:07,
(22 September 2013, 14:56)Sunna Wrote:
(22 September 2013, 14:39)bigpaul Wrote:

watch uot john bp is going to tell the teacher and get his dad on you ......TongueTongueTongueTongue

Oh hell..... But BP could have said what he did the way he said it second time but I'm not going to argue.
I will now do what I said before, just pull out from the site.
All I need to do is keep and eye on it, keep anything I think is interesting. May be send the odd private message and leave it that.

NO MORE POSTING BY ME. THATS IT. FINISHED.
22 September 2013, 17:09,
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK BOYS YOU ARE DRIVING MORE AND MORE GOOD PREPPERS OFF THIS FORUM !!!

Its a tragedy that my dear friend who I greatly respect SD cannot see the damage 4 or 5 people are doing to SUK.
22 September 2013, 18:01,
To get this thread back on track,.. for those that live in Scotland, then `bothys` are always well worth looking at.

for those who do not know what a Bothy is,... its a building/house often owned by the Forestry Commission, and is maintained usually by volunteers for the use of walkers in remote places, and as places of safety

They are basic, but they are almost always in fairly good condition offer beds and fires, usually wood burners, a few books and pots and Pans, but little else

The idea is you use it, leave it clean and try if possible to leave it better than you found it, even if its just leaving a pile of firewood that will be dry for the next people who come along
A major part of survival is invisibility.
23 September 2013, 11:23,
me thinks that john has been pissed off over a period of time and yesterday was the straw that broke..... you know the rest .

when i first joined this site their seemed to be some sort of war of words going on between 3/4 guys and it still seems to be a lot of bad feeling about it, untill these guys stop it we will all suffer.....Huh
Survive the jive (youtube )
23 September 2013, 19:13,
(21 September 2013, 16:33)John Wrote: I would suggest not only a plan 'B' but plans 'C', 'D' & 'E' at least.
Plans are only what you may do, until you put it into practice.
Also plans can change.
eg. You go to work by the same route day in and day out.
Then the road is closed and you automatically put in plan 'B' or may be 'C'. You don't even really think about it.
Plans are not set in stone and can be changed. But it is better to have more than a couple. Same goes with BOL's because one may be occupied at the time or not available for what ever reason.

Just some THOUGHTS

I agree with John's thoughts. Good to have some plan(s) on where you may go. I prefer to look for suitable places to stay in the general area where I work and live, instead of trying to go somewhere far away. Some are abandoned buildings, some commercial office space, some are wilderness areas in between other developments. As BP and John both point out, have more than a couple in mind. Say you must leave in the middle of the night due to fire: better to have some idea where to go than just wandering around, plus will make everyone in the group feel better thinking you know where you're going. Doesn't have to be perfect- just a spot to gather and decide what the next step is.

What makes good potential spot for me is concealment, multiple exits, access to fresh water, ready made or easily built shelter.