Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slow Collapse.
20 September 2013, 20:13,
RE: Slow Collapse.
I think society is already is slow freefall. The latest headlines say that 50,000 families are now on the verge of being evicted due to non-payment of rent. To get to that situation is pretty desperate anyway, but even people who can afford to pay their rents/mortgages are struggling and it won't take too much of a push for the downhill slide to become a torrent. Add to the financial chaos all the other problems and you have a recipe for disaster. Question is, when?
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
20 September 2013, 20:13,
I do not buy into the idea of slow collapse , that may assume a planned controlled type of event, when it does go TU it will be fast freefall at least on the financial side ....then all other structures will fall apart , the signs will be easy just for the fact we will be in the thick of it, ......you will be lucky to get two days to do anything this time, because ALL markets have the jitters, its nolonger the when .....that will be decided buy a few , we will be the last to know........no change there then
20 September 2013, 20:35,
(20 September 2013, 20:13)Straight Shooter Wrote: I do not buy into the idea of slow collapse , that may assume a planned controlled type of event, when it does go TU it will be fast freefall at least on the financial side ....then all other structures will fall apart , the signs will be easy just for the fact we will be in the thick of it, ......you will be lucky to get two days to do anything this time, because ALL markets have the jitters, its nolonger the when .....that will be decided buy a few , we will be the last to know........no change there then

Cheery lot, aren't we!
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
20 September 2013, 20:50, (This post was last modified: 20 September 2013, 20:51 by River Song.)
(20 September 2013, 20:13)Straight Shooter Wrote: I do not buy into the idea of slow collapse , that may assume a planned controlled type of event,

OK = thats a POV. A slow collapse does not assume a planned controlled event. It merely assumes that things are a tad more complex. Generally things fall apart slowly --- I say generally because there is always the case that it might be sudden --- in Sd's words - make no assumptions

Quote:when it does go TU it will be fast freefall at least on the financial side

OK - thats another POV - but it's only a POV. You could be actually right and it will be sudden but it could be slow.

I'm not convinced that the signs will be easy to see.

Let me give you an example please ..

The last big economic disaster a few years ago wasn't seen by many at all --- the signs were seen by Robert Peston of BBC who noted that shipping rates from China to europe per M3 (cubic metre) had fallen through the floor --- China had actually STOPPED exporting....now tell me that this is a sign that you would have seen !!!

Folks -- its far more complex and its easy to get paranoid.

For me and my family --- prepare as if its going to happen tomorrow --- but be wise enough to watch for the butterfly effect.

(20 September 2013, 20:13)Straight Shooter Wrote: I do not buy into the idea of slow collapse , that may assume a planned controlled type of event,

OK = thats a POV. A slow collapse does not assume a planned controlled event. It merely assumes that things are a tad more complex. Generally things fall apart slowly --- I say generally because there is always the case that it might be sudden --- in Sd's words - make no assumptions

Quote:when it does go TU it will be fast freefall at least on the financial side

OK - thats another POV - but it's only a POV. You could be actually right and it will be sudden but it could be slow.

I'm not convinced that the signs will be easy to see.

Let me give you an example please ..

The last big economic disaster a few years ago wasn't seen by many at all --- the signs were seen by Robert Peston of BBC who noted that shipping rates from China to europe per M3 (cubic metre) had fallen through the floor --- China had actually STOPPED exporting....now tell me that this is a sign that you would have seen !!!

Folks -- its far more complex and its easy to get paranoid.

For me and my family --- prepare as if its going to happen tomorrow --- but be wise enough to watch for the butterfly effect.
20 September 2013, 20:53,
(20 September 2013, 20:35)MaryN Wrote: Cheery lot, aren't we!

You noticed that?

SOS for 40 years.
21 September 2013, 01:49,
Here's a thing to consider!
No civilisation has ever been able to correctly foretell, or indeed understand the chain of events that lead to its demise. It is easy to see from hindsight and that leads every other civilisation after it to think that it can see it's own. Ponder that for a moment as you think you know what is going to happen.
21 September 2013, 07:21,
See my post #6 at

http://forum.survivaluk.net/showthread.php?tid=6020

I may have posted it in the wrong place as I rubbed the sleep from my eyes.
22 September 2013, 01:21,
Yea a great site. Some good comments, if I may add my POV. What I believe we are seeing in the financial world is simply a transference of economic wealth and power. This has happened many many times in human history and is actually the norm. All empires rise and all empires fall to be replaced by others and so on and so on. There is always a transitional period where the wealth becomes sucked out of the civilisation that is in collapse, but because the new emerging powers have not yet reached their zenith they are still somewhat reliant on the previous powers - case in point The USA and China. After some time of this to-ing and thro-ing the new powers eventually gain the momentum required and establish themselves as the new economic powers. Difference today of course is the bomb and eventually all so called rogue states will develop this technology and will have leaders actually prepared to use them - case in point Iran.
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
22 September 2013, 11:11,
saw Lord Digby Jones on the TV this morning, you know the guy that used to run the CBI. according to him the West is already on the slide and the East ,China, Indonesia etc etc and South America-especially Brazil are now on the up.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.