Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Point at which you don't want to return?
22 September 2013, 09:11,
RE: Point at which you don't want to return?
There comes a point when you are so tired and cold that you have a strong urge to just lay down and drift off, it seems very appealing and you will find it hard to resist. If you had no family left that urge would be even stronger.
22 September 2013, 11:42,
There's a lot of input on this topic. It's good feedback.

I know about the 2 weeks with anti-depressants. We discussed that a while back, but I think many of the newer members might have missed that.

I think it would be hard to stand there, last man on earth, and still believe your life was worth living. That would be a real struggle. For me, that would not happen. There would always be that strand of hope that there were more people out there. Which I think is why there should always be a reason to live. Having that last bit of hope that says you may not be the last one out there. There are others, and you can either find them and help them, or they can find you and help you. If it got that dire, I think that's how it would be. Granted they might find you, kill you, and eat you. But if things were that dire, I doubt that would be their MO.

It's a hard situation to really comprehend.

If I lost my wife, damn that would be the biggest hit I had ever taken in my life. Coping with that....I really can't say if I could. If I lost her because she left me for someone else, my anger would get me through...as would my desire for revenge. But if she died...that's totally different.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
22 September 2013, 11:47,
(22 September 2013, 11:42)Scythe13 Wrote: I think it would be hard to stand there, last man on earth, and still believe your life was worth living.

don't worry mate, I've told you before that will be me not you!!Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 September 2013, 19:25,
Hell, I'm going to stick around so BP and I can drink the last off River Song's Bristol Cream Sherry in a toast to being the last survivors. BP will then take over The Bank of England, while I'll take over the US Federal Reserve Bank! We'll be the two richest men on earth! Big Grin
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
22 September 2013, 20:35,
.....and RS will marry whooooo?????????
A major part of survival is invisibility.
23 September 2013, 00:57,
(22 September 2013, 20:35)Highlander Wrote: .....and RS will marry whooooo?????????

Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

23 September 2013, 01:01,
(22 September 2013, 20:35)Highlander Wrote: .....and RS will marry whooooo?????????

BP! I'm staying with my wife. Just too old to change I guess... Heart
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
23 September 2013, 05:55,
I'm gonna find me a toy boy
23 September 2013, 08:39, (This post was last modified: 23 September 2013, 08:39 by bigpaul.)
(23 September 2013, 05:55)River Song Wrote: I'm gonna find me a toy boy

no comment!!Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

you'd be out of luck if Jonas and I were the last ones left alive!Tongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.