Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Forum Threats
26 September 2013, 16:39,
RE: Forum Threats
(26 September 2013, 15:02)CharlesHarris Wrote: Keep Buggering On!

Isn't that illegal in 17 states still?
26 September 2013, 19:09,
As a newish member, I don't post as much, or contribute as much as I do to other forums I'm on, simply because, older members spit there dummies out, if they are questioned on there posts.

This for me has stifled debate and discussion. It's very easy to say TROLL rather than give an answer to a point.

It's very easy to cut and paste lists and links, but if you do be prepared for a bit of discussion.

WaylanderAngel
26 September 2013, 19:31,
Did I read somewhere that the average life expectancy of a steroid using bodybuilder is 55 years ? Not much of a survival strategy then.
26 September 2013, 19:56,
(26 September 2013, 19:31)Steve Wrote: Did I read somewhere that the average life expectancy of a steroid using bodybuilder is 55 years ? Not much of a survival strategy then.

arnie and sly both seem to be doing ok , where did you read this[ link please .
Dodgy
Survive the jive (youtube )
27 September 2013, 10:11,
(26 September 2013, 19:31)Steve Wrote: Did I read somewhere that the average life expectancy of a steroid using bodybuilder is 55 years ? Not much of a survival strategy then.

As Sunna said. Where did you read this? This is another example of misconception and media fear mongering.

Sorry Steve, I'm using this information as an example, please don't think I'm focusing on you. If I hadn't done the research, interviews, experiments, and testing, I would think steroids are bad for you too. So please don't look at this as a personal attack. It really isn't. It's just an example of looking for your own information and learning from people who have been there and done that.

As it turns out that MANY doctors hold that there is clearly an amount of steroid use that is actually good for you. More motivated, better immune system, stronger heart and lungs, faster recovery from exercise, less prone to depression, etc. There is a HUGE difference between steroid use and abuse, and ignorance is the point where use turns into abuse. Read the book Muscle by Jon Hotten if you want to get into the mind of a bodybuilder but more importantly to get a good view of steroids in sports. For even more fun check out the use of steroids in Tour De France. See how one year the top 2 dropped out, the top 4 that won all tested positive for steroids and other enhancers so were DQed, then the two that came 5th and 6th are given 1st and 2nd, then get disqualified the next year for drug use, but performed below their last year's times. Then there's Lance Armstrong...he wouldn't do sterooooooh dear. Yet he's ultra fit and not a spring chicken. Wayne Rooney healed from a broken ankle in 6 weeks?!?!? There was no Growth Hormone used there....speaking of Growth Hormone, whose that short footballer that's considered the best footballer in the world? You know, the one that's on Growth Hormone because of a birth defect body dysfunction thing? There's no way he's using Growth Hormone to enhance his ability to play!!! If you don't think drugs are in EVERY sport, then I hope you enjoy when the Easter Bunny comes and gives you an egg after the Tooth Fairy pays you a visit. Anyway, after steds and the alike have been established in every sport (Muscle - Jon Hotten) we'll focus on bodybuilding. Watch the film Bigger Faster Stronger (youtube has it for sure), but then watch the film Pumping Iron to see another side of bodybuilding. While you're on youtube, check the pro steroid doctors and their interviews. Read Anabolic Primer, The Anabolic Steroid Handbook, The Anabolic Edge, and other such books. Visit Steroid.com and check out the reviews and medical document they quote. While you're at it, have a suspicious mind and actually check out the studies themselves. Call the universities and medical centres that do the testing to get copies. Interview the people who did the studies (well, those that were available to be interviewed by a 20-25year old kid...myself when I did it). After that, go see your doctor and tell him what you plan on doing, tell him he can't discourage you from doing it ahead of time (a legal cover so that they cannot get into trouble) and then get them so monitor your leptin levels, SHBG, SSBG, HGH, Free-T, cholesterol, platelets, red bloodcells, white blood cells, haemoglobin levels, VO2 Max and everything else you want tested. Some of these you'll have to go to a university and make friends with students studying sports science to get them to test it out. Wife with a degree in Human Biology and Nutrition helps, but so do the other students in the gym. Get them to run tests on you for free. It's good practice for them and informative for you. If you can get your body composition tested via BodPod, even better!!!

Because, if you're going to be injecting yourself with something or taking tablets you don't know much about, you'll want to know what it is, right?

Once you have done that, then interview bodybuilders (not with a notepad and pen, just normal conversation is a good idea). Find out what they use and how they find it effects them. I'd recommend interviewing the guys competing in the Master's category, over 50's, over 60's and over 70's.

This is an exact example of what I mean about people seeing one thing and taking it for gospel truth.

I'm not going to speak about business with a poor person! WTF?!?! How can they teach me to get rich? I'm not going to speak about prepping to someone who doesn't have a damn clue about it! And nor should anyone else!!! If I want to wire up solar panels, I'll speak to someone whose done it or knows a damn lot about it. Comms I speak to LightSpeed, because he does it everyday. Plants and herbs I'll speak to Jane (Mrs BP) or read a book if I needed the info. What I would not do is listen to a person on a forum that admit's they know nothing about it, but then will discourage me from doing what they know nothing about.

For BM, I get why you feel there is no need for this thread. That's cool mate, I know why you think that. This post is for the newer members who have only just come to the forum or world of prepping. Many are going to be feeling alone and isolated. The last thing they need is people to rip into them for their prepping. Maybe they shouldn't get insulted, but we're human and emotions are what make us fascinating. So this thread is meant as a reminder for people to choose their sources of information carefully. Everyone knows a bit of something, and some people know a lot about a lot. But there are some who speak about a lot, but add absolutely nothing to the conversation.

Honestly mate, I get where you're coming from with the argument and conversation too. It's like me and BP going off about silver and gold. We totally disagree, but we know neither of us are going to change our minds, so we just agree to disagree and joke about it. We've even PMed about it too, and it's just our different perception and believe of a SHTF situation that causes us to view silver and gold in the ways that we do. But not everyone is comfortable enough to see criticism that way, and not all criticism comes across in a way that could be perceived as constructive.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
27 September 2013, 10:23,
(26 September 2013, 19:56)Sunna Wrote:

Dodgy

Yeah, Arnie loves his replacement heart valves taken from a pig...
27 September 2013, 11:15,
(26 September 2013, 13:22)Sunna Wrote: thanks i needed to read that , im pissed off with a moaning and digging muppet on this site , will take no notice from now on .......Smile

I'm finding the "block user" fuction has it's uses Sunna, now i only see what i want to read Smile
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
27 September 2013, 11:16,
(27 September 2013, 10:23)BeardyMan Wrote:
Dodgy

Was that steroids, or stopping training, moving away from steroids and eating a bad diet?

Don't confuse things happening at the same time as being causality.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
27 September 2013, 11:29,
I definitely agree, Scythe, about ignoring neigh sayers, but you should take their criticisms on board, do your research and such.

Like, today for example, I was called a fascist and a baby-killer because I mentioned I wanted to join one of the public services, sometimes you get complete rubbish on the web. Honestly, I would never try steroids because on the best of days I am a temperamental bugger.

Though when I first clicked on this thread, I thought it would be about PERSEC or OPSEC, which is why I would probably never agree to meet any of you in meatspace.
Positively Pessimistic
27 September 2013, 11:35, (This post was last modified: 27 September 2013, 11:36 by BeardyMan.)
(27 September 2013, 11:16)Scythe13 Wrote:
(27 September 2013, 10:23)BeardyMan Wrote:
Dodgy

Was that steroids, or stopping training, moving away from steroids and eating a bad diet?

Don't confuse things happening at the same time as being causality.

Not confusing anything, just pointing out that without that he probably wouldn't be "doing okay". It was a birth defect for Arnie anyway.

I don't think the 2 "celebrities" Sunna gave as an example can represent the rest of the steroid crowd either. Fact is, when they're taken by people who think they know what they're doing, and actually don't know enough, then it's a gamble.
Remember that body builder who's arm pretty much exploded? He knew what he was doing (apparently), but he got hooked. Now he's all lopsided and shit, one massive arm, one floppy mess.

Also, for all of those scientists you spoke to / read papers by there are just the same amount of doctors & scientists who hold exactly the opposite opinion on steroids. Same with any drug really. You can dig out scientific papers to "prove" or refute almost anything.

(27 September 2013, 11:29)Kiril Wrote: I definitely agree, Scythe, about ignoring neigh sayers, but you should take their criticisms on board, do your research and such.

Like, today for example, I was called a fascist and a baby-killer because I mentioned I wanted to join one of the public services, sometimes you get complete rubbish on the web. Honestly, I would never try steroids because on the best of days I am a temperamental bugger.

Though when I first clicked on this thread, I thought it would be about PERSEC or OPSEC, which is why I would probably never agree to meet any of you in meatspace.

FASCIST!

Tongue