Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tricked!
28 September 2013, 17:40,
RE: Tricked!
(28 September 2013, 14:50)Midnitemo Wrote: Mort sounds like you've got it all squared away and it's most unlikely anybody is going to get past that lot..but my humble abode which i used in my minds eye for this scenario is in close proximity with my neighbours and has much less land/space...reason i came up with this is i'm at a loss as to what i'd do and i'm after idea's....have a place to cache gear but its 10 miles away,first bol is too.

You can cache things outside your home. Build a pond, underneath that can be your war axe and a shield. Take your property back. Got good relationships with the next door neighbours. Bury some stuff under their sheds when they are on holiday. Put stuff under the eaves of the house. There are plenty of places. Put some food and tools to get back into your home. Retrieve it at 0300 when they are asleep and go all Freddy Kreuger on them..
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
28 September 2013, 20:25,
Lay siege!
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
28 September 2013, 21:18,
Mary i'd be on a loser there , they have all my stores and weapons and the capability to wait me out many times over.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
28 September 2013, 21:22,
(28 September 2013, 21:18)Midnitemo Wrote: Mary i'd be on a loser there , they have all my stores and weapons and the capability to wait me out many times over.

Mm, interesting. You say you're outside - all of you - so, how many would there be? Know what, I'd be so ticked I'd probably fire the place if there was no chance of getting it back.

I know that would probably be spiting myself, but what the hell!
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
28 September 2013, 21:30,
between 6 and 10 not sure of my exact numbers yet...at least 3 teenagers....they have 4 of my shotgun's and enough water to last at least 4 weeks.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
28 September 2013, 22:40,
turn darlek on their arss Cool
Survive the jive (youtube )
28 September 2013, 23:14,
I guess this would be an ideal situation to have those poisoned rations/tins/water around the home.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
28 September 2013, 23:32,
There is no correct answer or best advice for the impossible scenario you are developing. You were not prepared, it is as simple as that. You had some food and you had some water but you were not prepared mentally, physically or structurally for the slightest offense against your position.

The whole theme here is that your urban location is completely indefensible and you should have bugged out to your secondary location before this happened.
29 September 2013, 08:38,
(28 September 2013, 23:32)Mortblanc Wrote: The whole theme here is that your urban location is completely indefensible and you should have bugged out to your secondary location before this happened.

Is anywhere really defensible against an intelligent and determined usurper ? They only have to grab one of your family and you'll do what they want you to.

If you can get your family to a safe place then you can think about removing the bandits, perhaps a campaign of harassment from long range or get close enough to lay a few traps. They'll either come after you or leave, but what guarantee do you have that they won't come back later with a less than forgiving attitude ?

To be frank, in this situation you wouldn't feel safe until they were buried in the field.
29 September 2013, 08:57,
Just a thought, but I wonder if you can buy CS gas canisters?...they would be a great prep item
A major part of survival is invisibility.