Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recce & Patroling Course
28 January 2012, 21:08,
RE: Recce & Patroling Course
Deano when i do em up here I hold em in Hamsterly and Weardale so you wont have far to travel Smile

29 January 2012, 17:04,
I remember oh god, about 5 years ago when I was on a TA phase 1. They sat us down about 100 meters from the edge of a woodland, and showed us about noise. They had a few guys out there walking through the woods talking and joking, some more patroling snapping sticks and using torches. And the last one was a proper patrol moving quietly. There was a TA instructor who worked as a tree inspector, he showed us how to use fungus to mark the enterance of a camping area. All intresting stuff!
29 January 2012, 17:07,
Well there you go folks, Deano has already got the skills and is probably more up to date than me, and younger with it, perhaps our new member could liasise with SD to do a patroling course?

29 January 2012, 17:38, (This post was last modified: 29 January 2012, 17:47 by Deano.)
(29 January 2012, 17:07)NorthernRaider Wrote: Well there you go folks, Deano has already got the skills and is probably more up to date than me, and younger with it, perhaps our new member could liasise with SD to do a patroling course?

Oh no Im not much good at stuff like that. However I was given a manual on infantry patrol tactics (2003) its not available anywhere but is just slightly out of date for it to be restricted. Its go most things in there
Anyway, must of the stuff iv learned in confrontational tactics, which maybe isnt the best, unless we are fighting some aliens Smile

NR, I'm making a ghillie suit in feburary, should I make a topic on it to show people how to do it, might be of use when stalking larger game, or patroling.
29 January 2012, 18:58,
(29 January 2012, 17:38)Deano Wrote: NR, I'm making a ghillie suit in feburary, should I make a topic on it to show people how to do it, might be of use when stalking larger game, or patroling.

I think it would be fascinating and very useful for you to do an article on making a ghillie

29 January 2012, 21:26,
(29 January 2012, 18:58)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(29 January 2012, 17:38)Deano Wrote: NR, I'm making a ghillie suit in feburary, should I make a topic on it to show people how to do it, might be of use when stalking larger game, or patroling.

I think it would be fascinating and very useful for you to do an article on making a ghillie

Im not the orical on all knowledge on them, Im just copying an american snipers guide Big Grin
29 January 2012, 22:53,
NR, I have an article on that somewhere.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
30 January 2012, 10:57,
Been thinking about making a ghillie suit myself would be interested in seeing your finished one NR
30 January 2012, 11:01,
(30 January 2012, 10:57)uks Wrote: Been thinking about making a ghillie suit myself would be interested in seeing your finished one NR

Not me, Deano is the guy making one.

30 January 2012, 11:51,
Definitely be up for the course - don't mind where it's held, I'm happy to travel.