Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
if it was up to you ....?
6 October 2013, 14:38,
RE: if it was up to you ....?
Nothing wrong in knowing how to sew. It's an extremely useful skill, and not just from the point of clothing either. Think of being able to properly sew up canvas; stitch wounds; mend nets. The list goes on and on.

As for quilting, Scythe, by all means have a look on UTube, but you'll need a bit more practical hands-on experience. All of our beds at home have homemade patchwork quilts (made from old curtains - waste not and all that), and they are extremely warm and very durable. I guess I just do not belong to the throwaway society.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
6 October 2013, 21:49,
(6 October 2013, 14:38)MaryN Wrote: As for quilting, Scythe, by all means have a look on UTube, but you'll need a bit more practical hands-on experience. All of our beds at home have homemade patchwork quilts (made from old curtains - waste not and all that), and they are extremely warm and very durable. I guess I just do not belong to the throwaway society.

I can make patchwork stuff. Just the quilting I'm uncertain of.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
10 October 2013, 22:41,
(4 October 2013, 12:21)bigpaul Wrote:
(4 October 2013, 10:30)Tibbs735 Wrote: I value SUK because it's one of the only British prepping sites, and it's the best I've found so far.

there are other sites, I believe we were both on another site togetherBig Grin

Which other site was that? It's slipped my mind
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
12 October 2013, 00:14,
just found out the music thread gone , any idea why
Survive the jive (youtube )