Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What BOB do you own?
19 October 2013, 15:44,
RE: What BOB do you own?
At the moment I've got a raggle taggle collection of naf small rucksacks pressed into service(berghaus sprite 25l...that kind of thing) but i'd like to standardize on something a tad larger with strength and comfort being my main priority....US small alice ack is the front runner at the moment....any other suggestions?
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
19 October 2013, 16:29,
(19 October 2013, 15:44)Midnitemo Wrote: At the moment I've got a raggle taggle collection of naf small rucksacks pressed into service(berghaus sprite 25l...that kind of thing) but i'd like to standardize on something a tad larger with strength and comfort being my main priority....US small alice ack is the front runner at the moment....any other suggestions?

US Alice pack is the way I went too.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
19 October 2013, 17:39,
British army Bergen
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
19 October 2013, 20:52,
(19 October 2013, 17:39)Barneyboy Wrote: British army Bergen

Same here,.... it is both my GHB and BOB, ...trouble is they are a bit heavy even when empty, I have thought about it, do I keep with the Bergan, because of its toughness and usefulness, or do I get a lighter, less durable pack,.... so far I have stuck with the Bergan
A major part of survival is invisibility.
20 October 2013, 00:42,
I personally have been impressed with my Osprey bag. The build quality is exceptional. When I'm camping or running, the bag gets thrown around and abused pretty badly, but it's held up brilliantly.

I don't have experience with the Bergen's, but the Osprey's have proved to impress me every time (except the Talon series of waist bags. They really need better straps and holding capabilities to stop things bouncing around or cutting your hips up). Having just ragged on the Talon bumbags running bags, the stitching and material is fantastic, just a couple of design flaws...major design flaws.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
20 October 2013, 09:02,
My EDC is:
Wood handled, spanish 3 inch folding knife
Brass Zippo Lighter
Wallet with CPR face shield and donor card
Cree flashlight with Sharpie and Resqme glass punch/escape tool

I must admit, I have never built a bug out bag, but I intend to build one this evening. I'll be using my Karrimor Predator 45 rucksack to build one.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8