Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Government Evacuation in Times of War/National Emergency
1 November 2013, 15:32,
RE: Government Evacuation in Times of War/National Emergency
Obama's mandate was not a "law" is was an executive order. There is a difference. It is also sitting idle at the moment and will for some time because the members of congress must fund the enforcement, and many of them hold gold in their financial portfolios.

The order in reference was aimed at the private possession of gold bullion, not food and supplies.

Almost to the letter identical to what FDR put in place during the Great Depression of the 1930s.

At that time Franklin Roosevelt issued an order making it illegal to possess bullion and forcing the citizens to sell their gold to the U.S. government at $25 an ounce (far below market value). At the end of the buyback he immediately fixed the price of gold at $35 per ounce giving the U.S. treasury 30% profit immediately.

For the next 50 years if was illegal for a U.S. citizen to own gold bullion.

That law is the reason all my precious metal reserves are in the form of jewelry. Wearing ones wealth has always been an acceptable form of transport and exchange.

As for hording personal property, food and supplies; We have always had the rule of eminent domain, which allows confiscation of property for the public good. We have also faced "hording laws" many times. We simply havbe not enforced laws that were already on the books during the memory of our unstudied and brain dead population.

During WW2 it was illegal to own more than 5 tires per vehicle and all critical supplies were controlled and rationed. Those laws were in force for some time after the war was over.

I believe that in GB also, those laws are still on the books but are not enforced. I remember that you had rationing and possession controls well into the 1950s on some items.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Government Evacuation in Times of War/National Emergency - by Mortblanc - 1 November 2013, 15:32