Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blackout + Storm = What?
29 October 2013, 15:53,
RE: Blackout + Storm = What?
Yes Sunna only saying this to my brother the other day ......an obvious pattern in my opinion
29 October 2013, 20:02,
At the risk of repeating myself .... Break out the tin foil hats and the Harveys Bristol Cream.

If I have a choice between a conspiracy theory and a general cock-up, I'll go for the latter.
29 October 2013, 20:23,
Got no problem with you repeating yourself RS .......no problem at all
29 October 2013, 22:56,
The reason i'd say no to helping is because of the kind of people I have for neighbours....they are nice enough but given an inch would become a nuisance and we can't have that eh? peeking through the window at an inopportune moment....there domesticated ex pikeys aswell!
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
30 October 2013, 20:41,
"You don't need to compromise OPSEC but remember that if you are overt then next time, and it may not be temp, they will remember you".

That's right...and then things can get nasty.. Like the Channel 4 production Blackout, it showed the prepper sitting in the garden with bbq doing sauages in the blackout (silly) because the neighbour then smelt the cooking/ looked over the fence and asked if they could cook some of their stufff.

Unwittingly one of the kids spouted off they had a generator - by night time the neighbour + 2 mates broke into the house, took all their food and beat up the prepper demanding the generator. They have no food stored anywhere else in the house, no went hungry and then the prepper got desperate and in his search for food ending up killing someone.

This a VERY real sceanario. In 1990 I was overseas in the caribbean for holiday when a coup took place - it was mayhem and very much like the mini drama Blackout. Looting, when there was nothing to loot in the area, those that did not have food in their home, started getting nasty extremely quickly. Even though a state of emergency kicked in within 12 hours, a huge amount of stuff took place and you still had those coming out at night sneeking around to see what they could get - It was scary.

Many people discount that things would go so wrong so quickly but why?? - we had the riots and we saw within hours looting all of the country and violence esculating i.e. the asian student in Barking - having been attacked and left with a broken jaw and then robbed by a different roving gang.

it sounds horrible but wisdom is really needed when helping others in a emergency - it is really down to personal choice and what you have in place bearing in mind in highly stressful situations, the majority of people will not rise to the occassion
30 October 2013, 23:25,
Good valid points PC .