Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Throwing Stick
10 November 2013, 21:24,
RE: The Throwing Stick
Not sure if anyone noticed but Mr. TB3 injured himself in the making of that clip.

His rotator cup will never be the same.

12 minutes of U-tube fame on throwing a stick!

A newly discovered human ability?
10 November 2013, 21:25,
(10 November 2013, 21:15)Scythe13 Wrote: Equally valid Steve.

I'd like to be awesome at both, so am practicing with both. But much more so with the stick, because walking about the fields with a stick looks less dodgy than walking about with a spear. With a stick you can say 'just walking the dogs.' Then launch the stick at a target and shout a random dog name, followed by the word FETCH. Haha

What's next Scythe ? Throwing rocks ?

Seriously, you seem to be going backwards in time.
10 November 2013, 22:10,
(10 November 2013, 21:24)Mortblanc Wrote: Not sure if anyone noticed but Mr. TB3 injured himself in the making of that clip.

His rotator cup will never be the same.

12 minutes of U-tube fame on throwing a stick!

A newly discovered human ability?

I noticed that, he pulled his shoulder,... and personaly I think that was because he is throwing in an un-natural way,... throwing from the waist is not a natural way to throw, he is certainly putting stress on his shoulder
A major part of survival is invisibility.
14 November 2013, 22:43,
Actually HL, the strongest way to throw is from the hip. That's throwing for both projectiles (as a kid I was county champion for discus, hammer, and shot-put...but 2nd in javelin), and for throwing punches. It's his upright narrow stance that causes the problem when rotating the projectile. If you throw from in tight, like a punch, then you can be more upright, with a narrower base. But if you throw in a rotating motion through the arm, you'd want a slightly wider base to allow the energy to transfer through the hips up the torso, shoulders, then the arm. Having said that, there is no way I could throw anything as accurately with the same technique I used to use for power (range).
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
14 November 2013, 23:58,
^^^^^^^^ you sound like you know more than me, so I will bow to your knowledge on the matter,...I will go out and try it sometime,... I must admit though, that it wouldnt be the most natural way for me
15 November 2013, 08:53,
Stand with your legs planted and your upper body relaxed. Then turn your hip. If your upper body is relaxed enough you'll notice your arms rotate in the direction of your hips, but a second or so later. The thing is, the ends of your arms will have a greater speed than your lower body. This is because they will travel the same speed, but on the outside of a circle. Just like how the inside of a CD rotates at a slower speed than the outside, even though they both do the same number of RPM's.

The thrower can then use the same principle to transfer the greater speed to their projectile. Also, the legs and hips are much stronger than the chest and arms, and so the transfer of energy, if performed correctly, can be huge! At 14 years old, I was able to throw a 1.5kg discus over 40 meters, and the same with a 4kg hammer. I was a fat kid, which made my legs strong (carrying around that weight), but thanks to my coach being so particular about technique, I learned to transfer energy pretty well. His meticulous manner also made picking up boxing and the basics of Wing Chun very simple.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
18 November 2013, 19:04,
Iv got a good throwing stick. Its part of an old chair frame. Its about 30 inch ans is essentially a heavy boomerang, approx 35 degree angle. Thrown overhand it gathers momentum. Knock down squirrels and birds, plus can be makeshift weapon.
19 November 2013, 12:09,
anyone know how to make an Atlantl??
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
19 November 2013, 12:22,
Must have been invented by the frustrated caveman who couldn't make a spear or bow.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
19 November 2013, 14:21,
(19 November 2013, 12:09)bigpaul Wrote: anyone know how to make an Atlantl??

I have just made on BP,.. I just took down a few photos from the net and started in with my knife,... I have almost made the dart, but I still have the goose feathers to put on it

I made it from Hazel

[Image: atlalti_zpsb7703745.jpg]

...and the dart head out of a tea spoon

[Image: point_zps563188f3.jpg]