Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change of Course?
15 November 2013, 10:12,
RE: Change of Course?
I think it is interesting to note that after an event like this it takes 1 WEEK before ANY help or supplies get into the area!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
17 November 2013, 10:10,
(15 November 2013, 10:12)bigpaul Wrote: I think it is interesting to note that after an event like this it takes 1 WEEK before ANY help or supplies get into the area!

I heard a report on R4 earlier in the week and a Philipino official was being interviewed, he said in not so many words that the supplies that were available for emergency relief were not being distributed because there was no way to protect the aid workers from the looting, out of control mobs of desperate people. Note, he did not say this but this was his sub text.

I think it is interesting that the aid only begins to b distributed after a long enough period to seriously weaken the masses sufficiently.
19 November 2013, 01:16,
(14 November 2013, 23:00)Midnitemo Wrote: just time wasted though which will just increase there misery in the long run...need to crack on and act...maybe thats just me but i i'd prefer to be occupied

Yeah but if your family is under a pile of rubble not much incentive to crack on is there
Luck Favours the Prepared Incredibles
19 November 2013, 01:18, (This post was last modified: 19 November 2013, 01:22 by Midnitemo.)
that would be a blow...but i'd still act...the dead are gone,look to the living.

neighbours,friends ,orphaned children , widows there are plenty of people you could help sitting moping isn't going to change anything.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
19 November 2013, 09:18,
(19 November 2013, 01:18)Midnitemo Wrote: that would be a blow...but i'd still act...the dead are gone,look to the living.

neighbours,friends ,orphaned children , widows there are plenty of people you could help sitting moping isn't going to change anything.

Easy to say but unless your there it's not right to judge people. When the nearest thing to a disaster most people face here is running out of tea bags or fags
19 November 2013, 10:53,
It is easy to say and grief takes people in different way's but i'm known for being a cold hearted callous bastard, have buried 4 of my nearest and dearest this year not all natural deaths and not a tear shed or day's work missed....just speaking from my viewpoint.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
19 November 2013, 11:28,
(19 November 2013, 10:53)Midnitemo Wrote: It is easy to say and grief takes people in different way's but i'm known for being a cold hearted callous bastard, have buried 4 of my nearest and dearest this year not all natural deaths and not a tear shed or day's work missed....just speaking from my viewpoint.

I have a similar view to yourself but most people arnt like us.