Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting better all the time?
22 November 2013, 11:30,
RE: Getting better all the time?
(22 November 2013, 11:26)bigpaul Wrote:
(22 November 2013, 11:03)Straight Shooter Wrote: Collapse by design BP ? Its the only reason I can logically think of, how else can you make sense of it? Or am I just a dull MF.

probably..and all because of EU rules which our politicians blindly follow to a T !!whats the point of having 3 parties who are ALL pro Europe? where is the "opposition" in that?? we've got over 2 million of our own unemployed with a million youngsters unemployed who have never had a job, and come next January we will be swamped by a load of uneducated, unemployed, uncultured ROMA who don't even know NOT to crap in the streets?? bloody gets me!!

(22 November 2013, 11:25)TheFalcon Wrote: Just glad im getting out of this shit hole very soon

glad to hear that Falcon!

I think that the only opposition party now is the BNP
And yeah i cant believe im getting out in the next couple of months Big Grin
Todays mighty oak is just yesterdays nut that held its ground
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king
22 November 2013, 11:54,
OK. I let the post ride because I thought it was about introducing someone to prepping. I don't want any more political talk there are plenty of sites for that and it doesn't help us any.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
22 November 2013, 11:58,
well then, just how do you prep for an influx of people that could undermine our employment and welfare systems? apart from what we are all personally doing?? answers on a postcard please.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 November 2013, 12:14,
well I fucking give up .....fairwell folks......stay safe...... keep prepping....god bless you all ...SS
22 November 2013, 15:06,
(22 November 2013, 10:12)Straight Shooter Wrote: Watching the main news media we are being told THINGS are getting BETTER and THINGS are starting to move.......? Well that might be the case in London BUT NOT around here.! Labour prices are forced down.....food prices are up.....utility bills up, NEW JOBS that's a laugh .....not only part time ....employers want to spread your hours over five days .....making it near impossible to hold two jobs to make ends meet. So what is this to do with prepping....? Everything...... I was talking to a lad that used to work for me.....a good lad , seen him in Aldis ....he asked why? All the milk .....because of the snow.? .....or .......wtshtf.....I was amazed by this....In the car park he carried on.....I started putting some food by ...when I was full time , but those days are gone ...along with the food I put by....take a look at this piece of shit ....pointing to a van....falling to bits ..any work about ? For me I am cheap as fuck these days NONE I say . THink I might loose the house .....his voice turns higher ......Fucking dig in son ,come out fighting I say....he nods his head and says your right........but I can see there is no fight left in the lad ......How can you start being a prepper when faced with this lot....people are just about surviving as it is.......THIS has done my head in...........So What's it like in your area .....spill the beans.

Everyone else round my way, apart from a few notable characters, are skint.
Next year could be interesting. Not where I am at the moment, you're not going to get many Roma coming all the way to Cornhole as there's no work here at the best of times, and it's definitely the most openly racist place I've ever been, so they wouldn't get a very nice welcome regardless.

What can you do to prep for the changes facing us? Try to remove your dependence on the system. Grow your own food, solar / hydro power systems - you get the picture. That'll reduce your outgoings (after an initial expense anyway) - not much you can do about people coming over here and filling the jobs. Well, apart from increase you skill levels. Learn something new (and relevant - a media studies course isn't going to cut it), something to give you the edge over the competition.

I used to think we should unite and fight the system, that was years ago. Now I'm happy to keep my head well and truly under the radar, no complaints, no fuss. Just keep doing what I do regardless.
22 November 2013, 15:23,
(22 November 2013, 15:06)BeardyMan Wrote: Everyone else round my way, apart from a few notable characters, are skint.
Next year could be interesting. Not where I am at the moment, you're not going to get many Roma coming all the way to Cornhole as there's no work here at the best of times, and it's definitely the most openly racist place I've ever been, so they wouldn't get a very nice welcome regardless.
couldn't agree with you more BM, especially about the Cornish-the real ones not the incomers, their a funny lot west of the Tamar! I lived in cornwall for awhile and my 2nd wife was Cornish, why do you think we moved back home to Devon rather than cornwall??Big GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 November 2013, 16:49,
Its the same up this end of the country, most of the jobs up here are seasonal anyway, tourist, fishing/shooting etc,..we are both lucky enough to have a couple of the few full time Jobs [ Royal Mail ],.. but not the case for most around here,..even in the summer, hotels pay the bear minimum so people are only just managing, so come the winter, they really suffer,..
A major part of survival is invisibility.
22 November 2013, 18:23,
lots of unemployed scousers living in Ilfracombe, work in the hotels and boarding houses during the summer, get laid off in the winter, seasonal work, well if your going to be unemployed you might as well do it by the sea side as be in some grotty city,,,,right?
22 November 2013, 19:43,
(22 November 2013, 11:03)Straight Shooter Wrote: Collapse by design BP ? Its the only reason I can logically think of, how else can you make sense of it? Or am I just a dull MF.

You're probably a dull MF Heart

If you have a choice of a conspiracy or a cock-up, go for the cock-up.
It's probably civil servants massaging the figures again just so they wont lose their jobs.

My own 2P's worth?

It's not as great as TPTB tell us.
It's not as bad as the prepping community would tell us.

Having said that, caveat emptor
22 November 2013, 20:04,
(22 November 2013, 18:23)bigpaul Wrote: lots of unemployed scousers living in Ilfracombe, work in the hotels and boarding houses during the summer, get laid off in the winter, seasonal work, well if your going to be unemployed you might as well do it by the sea side as be in some grotty city,,,,right?

Your not the first person to notice that mate
Luck Favours the Prepared Incredibles