Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
52 Weeks to Preparedness - Consolidating my Disorganized Preps
24 December 2013, 12:34,
RE: 52 Weeks to Preparedness - Consolidating my Disorganized Preps
Week 2 - Hardware
Shopping List:
Flashlight with alkaline-batteries or a hand-crank flashlight for each member of household that is over the age of 6.
Batteries in multiple-sizes.
Heavy rope
Duct tape
Bic lighter and matches
Multi-tool

Week 2 advised making some emergency info cards for any young children, but we have none in our family. Same as last week I already owned most of the supplies anyway, so this was just a matter of finding the stuff and putting it in one place. I intend to get a lot more lighters and matches from my local car boot stand as they are good for barter (Selco advised this as well.) It'll get more interesting as I progress past the basic stages.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
7 January 2014, 16:13,
Week 3 - Basic Medical Supplies

Shopping list:
â—¾Antacid
â—¾Aspirin or non-Aspirin pain reliever
â—¾Stool softeners
â—¾Kleenex
â—¾Feminine hygiene supplies
â—¾Disposable hand wipes
â—¾Band-aids
â—¾Antibiotic ointment

Internet where I live is terrible, hence the long gap in posting. I've already got the stuff on this list, but will probably get more of the stool softeners, due to dietary changes, and a lot more wipes as a short term alternative to having a source of clean water for washing.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
7 January 2014, 20:01,
It would be awesome for newer members if you could price your week's shopping up too. That way people can get ideas for budgeting with their preps.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
16 January 2014, 23:52,
Weeks 4 & 5 Communications % Pet Care

Just a quick post to keep my thread alive.

I must admit that I am a total novice when it comes to communication. I own 2 walkie-talkies and a DAB digital radio! I do have an iPhone, with a case with a built in battery as well as an external charger pack, to cope with short term power outages. Hardly an advanced setup. Maybe in the near future I will put aside some time to invest in a basic radio set-up and learn how to use it but that's on the back-burner for me, for now.

We also have an elderly cat who most likely will not live to see the collapse of western civilization. At least he will have lived through the golden age!

I have a whole load of assignments coming in over the next few weeks, so I may not be posting as much. The next challenge is evacuation preparedness, and I plan to make a good basic budget BOB for each family member.
17 January 2014, 00:19,
That sounds good mate. Price things up for us, and good luck with the assignments.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin