Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grey Man- Under Your Coat
23 December 2011, 11:23,
RE: Grey Man- Under Your Coat
(23 December 2011, 11:09)WetandCold Wrote: I think we have to maybe consider losing army related gear as well the sheep might direct anger to us thinking we are part of the establishment.

My kids are still all in bed they don't make them like they used to, I mean I did having them help me hang a flag pole like 2 am lol but I been up since 8am.

I will take a pic of the recon bow worn by one of them.

As for weight yes it is 3lb I consider that too heavy NR but I might have my bush craft head on, maybe shtf we won’t travel as far, but anyway it is heavy and feels it and also quite bulky, I really wish we could get one like that made of some sort of light alloy, that would make it a true recon.

My under coat concept is not designed for hoofing long distance, just getting you our of the city centers and towards the burbs looking just like any other sheeple but equipped to survive. I do think Cammo smocks definately have a role to play out here, Its bright coloured civvy mountaineering and hiking jackets that will attract unwanted attention out here Smile

23 December 2011, 11:42,
camo is every day where here in the middle of the country, its normal walking gear and fairly cheap( unless you'r my size that is), i have a mixture of camo gear and other (mainly green) colours, besides if your bugging out after an event you dont want to be wearing "dayglo" stuff it'll make you stand out too well.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
23 December 2011, 11:56,
I agree I love camo I have enough to kit out a group and that don’t include my kids gear, just shtf in the city the sheep might confuse us as being part of the establishment and aim their anger towards us, in this scenario it could back fire on us, yes/no?
Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
23 December 2011, 12:10, (This post was last modified: 23 December 2011, 12:41 by NorthernRaider.)
(23 December 2011, 11:56)WetandCold Wrote: I agree I love camo I have enough to kit out a group and that don’t include my kids gear, just shtf in the city the sheep might confuse us as being part of the establishment and aim their anger towards us, in this scenario it could back fire on us, yes/no?

Yup in a city DPM Cammo could definately be an issue, but a plain green or black SAS smock would just look like Urban street gear to the Yoof.
For Urban chaps like W & C perhaps top coats like the 5:11 Agressor Parka or their 3 in 1 parka would be more low key but loaded with features to help conceal kit.
i believe you can view these type of jackets on You Tube.

23 December 2011, 12:56, (This post was last modified: 23 December 2011, 12:57 by Nemesis.)
I got out NR I only go London now to visit mates and few other reason.

I live here now, well not in a field but that’s what I am surrounded by farmland and woods, replaced the grey of London and best thing ever did, all though I do still have bond to London but after each visit that bond fades for few months.

opps forgot the pic:

[Image: mnEaVb4rXA9HqzHFzWqLeJAn.jpg]
23 December 2011, 13:03, (This post was last modified: 23 December 2011, 13:05 by NorthernRaider.)
Bloody hell Picadilly Circus has changed !! Smile I know exactly what you mean about fading bonds, my mum still lives in Stocktonistan I mean Teesside and i only go to visit her but the place I was born and raised in is unrecognisable now and not a fit place for decent people to raise kids in now. You now wipe your feet AFTER you leave many shops etc in Teessidabad. Ever seen a regional market towns Post Office only to see all the notices are in Hindi Gujerati, Urdu, Somali and Polish !!!
My mistake its not Picadilly Circus its Ammersmifff I can see the pallie in the distance, c,mon The Kinks and Ray Davis Smile

23 December 2011, 13:47,
We tried it both ways it is no good and it won't fit in trouser, it’s too big I think what you have already that 80lb job would be better option.

I am thinking maybe to cut away some of this recon Xbow.

[Image: 5NyUaOxQwZJ70SP6pIOtL2GGp.jpg]

[Image: 9W8WdNqg3tRBrAriamtKUff5.jpg]

[Image: EwYbDqcjOq59CPdLcsKp4hBls.jpg]

[Image: 0P6cHs8EoBDFvu4X2ZawuTaLm.jpg]

23 December 2011, 14:08,
Hmmm I see the problem, i would not go cutting away at the bow though, if its just for transport you you fit in in a tote bag, a really scruffy old one that would not be to appealing to trouble makers, comprimise yes but still and option. a Mk 1 or 2 cobra stripped down would definatly go under the arm ,, looks like the best option may be a shortened air carbine.

23 December 2011, 15:00,
I would sooner have a sword over an air carbine, I reckon we could hide a sword, I have a few and some are really sharp, full size no no but I remember reading about one that I thought was a good option for this type thing, its saved somewhere in my notes and I have to pop out so I will try get info later to night.
23 December 2011, 15:05,
Hey how about a divers pneumatic or elastic spear gun , long, skinny , easy to reload and easy to hide?