Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
millbank bags?
23 December 2013, 20:49,
millbank bags?
My bol has a couple of fishing ponds and a freshwater lake as my primary water sources....i'm wanting some modern millbank bags to use as my first stage filter until i can get a better system rigged , just wondering if anybody knows of a source for millbank bags , i wan't new rather than surplus/used...ta
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
24 December 2013, 07:01,
RE: millbank bags?
http://www.bushtrader-uk.com/shop/index....ductId=175
Ready for Anything
http://autonopedia.org/
24 December 2013, 15:17,
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Millbank-Style...4897.l4275

£7.50 each, free delivery and new!!
1 January 2014, 22:23,
The latest Bushcraft and Survival magazine has a write up about a new source for them and is offering them to readers at a special price of £19. The link to their website does not appear to be ready though but they give a phone number.
3 January 2014, 18:34,
I've never seen the point of these, easy enough to rig something up with bottles and a bandana or two to filter the crap out.

Probably better off just buying a proper water filter, or knocking up a sand filter?

I'm lazy though, so if I can do something in one step rather than two then that's what I'll go for.
3 January 2014, 18:36,
how about a DIY charcoal filter?
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 January 2014, 20:32,
charcoal filter is the plan but you need to have had fire first so the millbank bags are for the first few days and the ponds i shall be using are not the best looking water....can use any tight weave fabric for taking out the bigger crud but i like the bags as they are handy , tie em up fill em, place your catch container beneath and then get about your other business..purpose built and so easy to operate.
4 January 2014, 11:08,
you could always BUY a bag of charcoal and put it in your preps!!TongueAngel
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 January 2014, 13:01,
i could buy a bag of charcoal but that takes up valuable space /weight in my BOB if space and weight wasn't an issue i'd have pre built a baby berky using a single candle and brought that along....i have sand nearby and i'll make my own charcoal the two drum's of my cache will become water carriers/storage and i have 2 ltr poly bottles in the BOBS to make filter housings ..the millbank is just belt and braces first line filtration...works perfectly for my plans....if i can find a couple good ones
4 January 2014, 15:24,
I would hope you guys realize that there is a difference between the activated charcoal used in water filtration systems and the crap you burn in the Barbie or make at home?