Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sawyer mini water filter.
16 January 2014, 11:59,
RE: Sawyer mini water filter.
Thanks to BP/MB for the great information on the Sawyer Mini, I been looking at various water filters for the last few weeks and was close to purchasing a Survival Straw and a Katadyn Combi, but after doing further reseach, the Sawyer looks a much better option and I didn't even know about them before!

I have therefore just ordered the following from Amazon which are the cheapest I can find:

http://www.amazon.com/Sawyer-Products-SP...PDKIKX0DER

The total for the above purchase worked out at about £63.40 after converting to GBP, including delivery and import taxes etc, and that equates to £15.85 all in for each filter, which is bloody good value!! Also considerably cheaper than the previous options that I was considering, as well as giving me additional spares Big Grin

Delivery is estimated at 8-14 days.

Thanks again BP
16 January 2014, 12:04, (This post was last modified: 16 January 2014, 12:05 by bigpaul.)
yes, if you can wait for them to come from the states its possible to get a good deal, I went for the next day delivery cos I'm an impatient sod!!Big Grin I've also got a Lifestraw and a LifeSaver bottle, I was looking at a pump type filter on Ebay for £21.99 before I fell over the Sawyer.

hopefully, as they become more common in this country the prices of the Sawyer will come down.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
16 January 2014, 12:14,
Yes agreed, be good if they became mainstream over here, they are also very flexible and adaptable which I like Big Grin
16 January 2014, 12:19,
yes I like the fact you can use any old pop bottle so you don't have to cart the squeeze pack around if you don't want to, that's an excellent modification as I can find bottles lying around pretty much anywhere.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
16 January 2014, 14:15,
The Sawyer Point Zero Two is the one I'm after, found it online.

Not a water filter, it's a water purifier. Bloody expensive though at £100(ish) and delivery from the USA.
16 January 2014, 14:25,
totally out of my budget I'm afraid.
16 January 2014, 14:39,
I'm going to treat myself I think. May have to wait a week or two, the missus is on a mission to spend all of my available income on baby stuff.
16 January 2014, 14:41,
seems fair enough, seeing as how it was you that got her in that condition in the first place !!!!TongueBig GrinAngel
16 January 2014, 14:51,
I hope it was me Big Grin
16 January 2014, 14:59,
course it was-it takes 2 to tango!!Big Grin