Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devon and Cornwall will be inundated with refugees? Ifs, maybes, and conjecture
25 March 2014, 18:58, (This post was last modified: 25 March 2014, 19:02 by NorthernRaider.)
RE: Devon and Cornwall will be inundated with refugees? Ifs, maybes, and conjecture
Cos Light Speed started the thread, dats why Smile

Now I think there is opportunity to take this heated thread and make some serious good out of it by different members starting threads on the other regions, North East (Tees to Berwick), North West (Blackpool to Gretn)a, English Northern Borders, East Anglia, East Mids, West Mids, Yorks and Humber , hell we could even do the South East excluding London and one for London itself. Even N, S and central Wales could be covered.
I think it would be fascinating and it would give the poor yokels in the SW some rest from the constant questioning Smile

Lets see how many other members are willing like LS was to START A THREAD and guide it to its conclusion instead of either just whinging or worse not joining in at all. This should give SD an idea about the lop sided level of effort being contributed to the forium and why some of us want the forums closed and more selective.

25 March 2014, 19:08,
RE: Devon and Cornwall will be inundated with refugees? Ifs, maybes, and conjecture
would be a good idea, let someone else have a go for a change. as for your remark about the forum I think that sounds too much like P2S and we would lose what posters we have left.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
25 March 2014, 19:10,
(25 March 2014, 18:46)NorthernRaider Wrote: Devs just given my an idea, this thread is about the SW started by LS for some unexplained reason, so why could other folks not start a series of threads to discuss the pros and cons of the other regions, economic, population, agriculture, mass migration, climate etc.

A secondary view or perspective of other peoples regions from an outsiders point of view could help people look at things in perhaps a different light and allow them to adapt, or just sulk like Dev Smile

No sulking going on here, or spitting my dummy out, unlike some!

Just laughing at how your perception of the boundaries of Devon and Cornwall have now expanded to the SW and apparently now the SW is even encroaching on the Home Counties, and how completely dissmissive/abusive you are of anyone who does does not agree with your opinions!!

Also still waiting for your response to #107
25 March 2014, 19:14,
I don't know how but the thread started as "Devon and Cornwall" but somehow expanded to encompass the whole of the South West!Big GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
25 March 2014, 19:16,
South west is a big geographical area....no1 daughter plays for the south west regional basketball squad and she lives just to the south of gloucester.....i lived equidistant between Bath and Bristol that was considered comfortably in the south west and i commuted to high wycombe by road(just outside London) from there in 75min's quite easily.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
25 March 2014, 19:18,
Erm WHAT posters ???

A few days ago SD posted an open and honest request to the members asking for their honest and frank feeling about the forum, I believe FIVE members responded ( plus thee and me) even though I think 158 other members have read the thread.

It is as many old hands has pointed out gotten to the stage where upon many members ARE TAKING THE PISS, a few hard core regular posters plus a few genuinely talented posters like Tartar Horde, Light Speed, Jonas etc posting valuable well thought out and researched articles, whilst the rest contribute just about nothing.

So to me after 3 years of open access which HAS NOT seen multiple members sharing articles and reports with the rest of us, it has become basically just a newspaper for people to come, take what they want and leave without adding to the greater sum of our knowledge.

If there is only a few dozen hard core members, users and contributors then why don't we close the forum to the masses and concentrate on just helping each other. We can then focus our efforts more precisely with specific articles and research that will benefit the members who do make an effort.

25 March 2014, 19:21,
I've had this conversation so many times before, traditionally the south west is Cornwall, Devon, Somerset and Dorset, not Wiltshire, not Hampshire and certainly not Gloucestershire, Bristol used to be Avon-dosent exist any more(Avon that is not Bristol) and Bath always came under North East Somerset-so just in!Big Grin
25 March 2014, 19:25,
The old county of Avon became south Gloucestershire which is firmly in the south west or she would be playing for the west midlands and believe me i wish she could cos training sessions in newton abbott are a damn site harder to get to than Birmingham...tis a fact south glos is part of the south west however much you hanker for the old borders.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
25 March 2014, 19:26, (This post was last modified: 25 March 2014, 19:28 by NorthernRaider.)
No sulking going on here, or spitting my dummy out, unlike some!

(NR) REALLY, well you fooled me

Just laughing at how your perception of the boundaries of Devon and Cornwall have now expanded to the SW and apparently now the SW is even encroaching on the Home Counties, and how completely dissmissive/abusive you are of anyone who does does not agree with your opinions!!

(NR) Yup you are as daft as I thought, PAUL asked me to explain where I got the 90 minutes to the west country from, I explained QUITE CLEARLY that my PERCEPTION (right or wrong) was the ACTUAL threat to the SW started after the south eastern conurbations ended, and that is over on the eastern border of Dorset, that's how that LITTLE part of the thread caused the expansion of the thread for better or worse. Y'see I believed the threat to the west country starts at a point further EAST and I used the WIKI reference of the WEST COUNTRY to expand my concerns to PAUL

"South West England is one of nine official regions of England. It is the largest such region in area, covering 9,200 square miles (23,828 km2) and comprising Gloucestershire, Bristol, Wiltshire, Somerset, Dorset, Devon, Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly. Five million people live in South West England."

Also still waiting for your response to #107
I provided a full reply a few posts later quoting ALL your comments hours ago, Yup you are pretty dumb .

bigpaul
I don't know how but the thread started as "Devon and Cornwall" but somehow expanded to encompass the whole of the South West!

Prolly my fault that mate, it was when I think Devonian stated as fact that they masses of hypothetical refugees could be stopped easily, I disagreed and put my expanded viewpoint in. So my fault sorry again Smile

25 March 2014, 19:29,
Its a bit like when ITV was TSW with the studios in Plymouth.

TSW (Television South West - for those outside the area) would purely report on the news from Devon and Cornwall; then it became Westward Television going up as far as Bristol; but now its Westcountry Television and covers from Cornwall/the Channel Islands, up to Glos and across to Swindow!!!